Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
dominican
5 Posts
Hi Allan, :wave:

You will be able to change money your money without any fuss in the cambios in the Playa Dorada Plaza. You will only need $$$$for your Tourist Card to enter and your Departure Tax. Its best to take yes pesos but to change more money into pesos take ££££.or your debit card. But tell your bank the dates your are there as people are having their cards blocked for fraudulent use.
We are frequent travellers to the Dom. Rep. do not change £££to$$$ here then change $$$$ to pesos there you will loose so much money on the exchange rates.

Sorry cant help about the phone calls as we use our mobiles.But I know you can buy phone cards from the reps and use the public phones in the plaza.

Angie. :tup
thanks again angie. but already changed £ to $, dont know what net work you are on but my orange. want £1.75 per min, ithought that was alot, any other recamendations would be really helpfull. allan
Allan,

I dont know who you are travelling with, but I still have a leaflet from First Choice and it says:-
Phone Cards (uk)
Save money by using the First Choice Phone Cards.Its a cheap and hassle free way to call the UK. the last time we went which was last year they were selling for $15 .If your not travelling with them I am sure your Tour Company rep must sell some.

Angie.
thanks again angie, you have been most helpfull again, as we are going with first choice.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.