Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
dominican
12 Posts
The first 12 hours don't count so your compensation would be based on 24 hours.

Were you also put up in accommodation?
yes we were in the raddison hotel
So you were delayed 36 hours but put up in the Raddison for the delay, was food provided? And you got £162 compensation - sounds about right to me.

We were delayed 3 days in Menorca and were put up in an AI hotel and on return we received £100+ (can't remember exact figure now) compensation.
yes food was but we had to buy our own drinks which was not cheap and as we were going to an all inclusive hotel we were out of pocket
It's always worth turning down the first offer of a figure of compensation but if you've already accepted it and banked the cheque or it's gone into your account then I don't think you will be able to pursue it further.

I would put it down to experience myself.
and as we were going to an all inclusive hotel we were out of pocket

Doesn't the £162 put you back in pocket?

I take it this was on the outward journey to the Dominican Republic?

Peter
no we got there at 4o clock in the morning so we lost 2 days really
sounds fair enough
Hi I wsould coun the cost of the holiday and work out how much two days of your holiday cost and then for the inconvience add a little more and then write to them again saying you are not happy with what they have offered and see if they come up with a better offer. Yours Janice
Sorry didn't realise it was your outbound flight that was cancelled I thought you meant return :(

In that case I would ring Ros Fernihough on 01922 621114 Ros is a travel law solicitor and assists our members. She will offer you free advice - that's if you haven't accepted the offered compensation.
You can also claim on your insurance for each 12 hours delay -- they pay between £20 - £40 for each 12 hours depending on what kind of policy you have.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.