Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Pyla
7 Posts
Hi Jinty,
There may well be two 'Pylas' but I have visited Pyla which is a very small village in the buffer zone that is inhabited by both Turkish and Greek Cypriots. There is not a great deal to it and indeed I would say is quite remote. If you do a google search on Pyla Cyprus you will get more information.
ClaireT
There are 2 Pylas. The village and the tourist area.

The tourist area is on the coast at the far end of the Larnaca-Dhekelia road, AKA "The Strip". It follows on from the Oroklini tourist area. There are quite a few bars and restaurants there, but well spread out.

The village is about 2 miles inland and is inhabited by both Greek and Turkish Cypriots. Not sure about the facilities there.

What's the name of the apartment, if you already have one in mind that is?

The tourist area is about 4 miles from Larnaca town, the village, about 5.

Mark
There's no name Mark, just says it is a new gated development in Pyla village, supposedly 5 minutes from Larnaca beach.

There's quite a few on the Holiday-Rentals site for the same area and they look pretty good value, but no good if we are miles away.

Def., not the one on the border Claire.

Cheers,
Jinty
Hi Jinty.

The Larnaca Beach mentioned will be the CTO beach at the far end of the strip.

The gated development will almost certainly be the one which appears on Ebay from time to time which is in the village. It is about 5 minutes from the beach......................by car!

Most of the ones on Holiday-Rentals say something like 'in the village of Pyla'. Example.
The village is on the border.

Mark
Think I'll give it a miss Mark, just looked at where it is on their map and could be a fair old distance ( could finish up having to hire from good old Petsas again :lol: )!

Thanks all for help once again.

Cheers,
Jinty
Jinty, I can recommend The Lysithea if you're looking to stay in that area.

We stayed there a few years ago and had a thoroughly enjoyable 2 weeks!

It is at the end of The Strip, right opposite the CTO beach and has had a recent refurb'.

Mark
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.