Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi,
Our friends live in Pyla village, are you staying in the tourist area or the actual village.

There are some small shops and periptero' ( mini marts) in the area, the tourist area is near the beach and a few hotels, bars and places to eat. You will find larger supermarkets in Larnaca town

Can't think of a bank along that stretch but I will ask them for you.

We used to hire our cars from
http://www.economycarrentals.com/ ( we have our own now) The car hire companys will arrange drop of and pick ups from the airport.There is a car hire place in the tourist area , not sure what the number is but I can get it for you, his wife is English and they have a small supermarket.

I would say you definatley need a car, there are local tavernas in the village and surrounding areas,
Pyla village comes under UN and you must never bring goods out of the village as these can be confiscated and you can be fined .

If you can give me an idea where you are staying I might be able to help you some more.

We spend a bit of time there when we are over, and have had some good nights in the area. Cyprus seems expensive due to the exchange rate, but away from the touist areas the prices for eating out are reasonable.
Hi thanks very much for the information

I have been told that we are a 10 minute walk from Pyla village but not in the tourist area if that makes any sense.

You mentioned something in your post about UN and fines, I am a bit unsure what you a refering to, could you clarify this for me [don't want to get over there and get into any trouble].

Do you have any idea how much a taxi to Larnaca is?

Thanks again for all your help
Hi,
If you google Pyla Cyprus , you will see it is part of the Buffer Zone and comes under the UN control, in the village the Turkish Cypriots and Greek Cypriots live there. Things are cheaper there especially cigs and other goods, but if you are stopped leaving the village with these , the goods will be confiscated and you will be fined.

Its a good walk from the village to the beach, depending where you are. Taxis I am not sure of, but the person you are renting from should be able to give you this information.

From the airport it used to be about 10cyprus pounds now its euros you are looking at 17euros, if it has not got dearer.

Pyla is easy to get to straight out of the Airport and keep on the highway heading for Ayia Napa, Pyla is the last 2 junctions as you leave Larnaca, driving is easy , same side , but kilometres instead of miles. If you have directions and intend getting a car, I would hire a car from the airport, driving in Cyprus is very easy.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.