Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi there, we were in Pythagorio 3 weeks ago, anything in particular you want to know? Where are you staying?
hi thanks for replying.we booked the samaina hotel on the net.we fly with excel on the 12 july.it looks really nice.where are the best places to eat and drink etc.
There are so many tavernas, most of them very good. The ones along the harbour are a bit more expensive than those in the back streets but worth it for the view.
The one we used the most was at the end of the harbour to the right as you are looking out to sea, it's set on it's own but I can't for the life of me remember the name.
It is a beautiful place, hire a car if you can and explore the island.
thanks for the reply grecophile.much appreciated.how long does it take to walk from one side of the harbour to the other?just trying to gauge the distance from my hotel to the front.i am staying at the samaina hotel,andbeen trying to locate it from the photos,but to no avail.
It takes about 10-15 minutes stroll from one end of the harbour to the other.
Have no idea where your hotel is, how long is the transfer from the airport, do you know?
hi trickster65 try this url and click on map to enlarge it http://www.samaina-hotel-samos.com/location-samaina.htm it look like your up the hill
thanks guys.borismab that is the site i booked from.the owner has been great,really friendly.nothing was too much trouble when i phoned to book.i believe it can be a bit steep this hill.it looks to be about 3-4 hundred metres from the harbour.grecophile i only know its about 10 mins from the town.i booked independently.thanks again.you have both been very helpful.if you go again keep this hotel in mind it looks really nice.he charges 40e for the room &50 with unlimited breakfast.

cant wait.thanks again.mick
I can help with the location as I stayed in a hotel just down the hill from the Samaina, my room at the back had a view of the Samaina hotel further up the hill. It's roughly 200 yds from the mid harbour. Only a couple of minutes down the hill but a steep trek back up on stepped streets, it'll keep you fit. Near to everything in Pythagorio.
thanks ouzo.will have to start jogging then.did you enjoy pythagorion?. any good bars & restaurants?
hey mate

since you go to beautiful samos you can have a look here:
sailingGR.eu

those guys do offer for a very cheap price for a fantastic sailing cruise around islands close to samos that you cannot reach in any other way. have a look and think about it.... i have done it and it was great fun and experience

other than that try to taste the local ouzo and wine. samos is producing a very unique wine, hard to find it elsewhere in greece

enjoy your holidays
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.