Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
oh suppose i should tell you what I am after in a holiday, want to spend sometime lazying on the beach and do some snorkerling, do a few excursions like island hoping see a few sites, in the evening I like nice food good atmosphere and somewhere to have a quiet cocktail or two.

Thanks,

Ubergeek
hi Ubergeek have been to pythagorion for the last 2 yrs it is busy but not overly so,
you may want to try some of the other resorts on the island you might want to look at http://www.clearspray.co.uk there is a review on there about another part of the island by ardwyn
Pythagorio is definately less touristy/busy than Skiathos town, even though it is the main tourist resort on the island, along with Kokkari.
Thanks for the replies,

I like Skiathos and the town so if its like that or quieter/less touristy then that would be great its just some of the reviews I have read made it sound like an 18-30s which isnt my type of thing.

Thanks.
It was the first island I visited and I fell in love with Greece. So, you just can immagine how beautiful it is. It was less crouded (5 yrs ago) than other islands.

Dudi
Whats the beach like at Pythagorio?

Thanks,

Ubergeek
The main beach is the big one with beautiful sand and about 10 min. far from the centar.

Dudi
Found it to be more busy than other areas- except Samos town. Also noted the prices were more expensive there too - it has a large yachting fraternity and gulet trips anchor there so that's probably why. It's very picturesqu and there are several ruins to visit nearby
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.