Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Darren

Many thanks for your quick reply. I had already looked at the web site but I was just wondering as the flight leaves Heathrow @ 10.15pm if we would be served a light supper snack or a full meal as the 1st meal. Think I'll make sure we have a substantial lunch before we leave home @ 1.30pm as resent paying over inflated prices for the meals they serve at the Airport. Shame ther's no Greggs there. :(
tet

Last time i flew Qantas we were serve a proper dinner after take off, then another meal before landing in Singapore.
Im not sure if they still do it but they also offered Snack on Q which is a bad of nibbles for every passenger in Economy a bag containing a range of snack items like fruit, chocolate, peanuts etc.

Also if you are flying on a UK Domestic flight to Heathrow on British Airways you will also get a snack on that flight.
Many thanks Goldeneye for your quick reply. We've never travelled as far as Australia before so unsure of what meals etc we will get and yes we are with BA from Manchester to Heathrow so we should get enough food/snacks to keep us going! :)

Tet
We flew with Qantas in December and we were served a meal (salad, roll, hot chicken dish etc) shortly after take off. They then served hot chocolate or peppermint tea a little while later and brought round the Q snack bags (we had polos, crisps, a bottle of water and a Mars bar in ours) before turning down the lights for people to sleep. However, for those who couldn't sleep they brought round water or orange juice, and people were getting up to walk and asking for some fruit etc during the "night" which they were more than happy to give them. Then about 3.5 hours before landing they turned up the lights, brought round hot towels and served breakfast (a hot or cold choice).
Hi all

Anyone know the plane / seating plan for the Heathrow / Bangkok flight tomorrow please ?

Also my brother booked this flight to travel with a friend who cannot now go, there is no refund possible or transfer of name so he is now travelling on his own. Given that the seat has already been paid for can my brother ask to have his mates seat also, as in have the seat next to him be kept vacant ? I know it probably sounds cheeky but the seat has been paid for and no way of a refund so thought if it could make my brothers flight more pleasureable with a bit more space it would be worth asking ?

Thanks
solobrummy,

You mean the QF002? It's operated by a Boeing 747-400. You'll find the seating plan on Qantas website. If your brothers friend doesn't check-in for the flight, his booking will be void and the seat allocated to another passenger or left free if the flight isn't full.

Darren
Thanks Darren,

Given that the seat has been paid for surely the flight would not be full ? So could my brother ask that the allocated empty seat be next to him ? Or is that just wishful thinking ? :)
solobrummy wrote:
So could my brother ask that the allocated empty seat be next to him ? Or is that just wishful thinking ?

Wishful thinking! Unless the other person checks-in, the seat won't be allocated to him.

Darren
Well miracles happen ! He asked a very nice lady at check in could the seat next to him be kept clear as he has booked at paid for 2 seats with a friend but he could not make it .... and she did. Goes to show wishful thinking makes dreams come true lol
Hello,

Three of us should be flying with Qantas LHR->MEL next April.

I have looked on their website, but would like to know if anyone has any experience of travelling with toddlers, and what to expect for her on the flight? My daughter will be 3.

Thanks.
Hello,

I have recently booked flights from LHR to MEL and will earn over 21,000 frequent flyer miles with Qantas if I were a member of their club. Is it worth it?

The miles do seem a lot - I'm not sure if we'll be doing any internal flights whilst we are there (although we would like to).

Does anyone have any advice please?

Thanks.
Outside of Australia and New Zealand it is free to become a member of their frequent flyer programme. I would do it, it just involves putting in some details on their website and then you can add your ff number to your booking. I did it before we went to Australia and NZ last year and am currently on route back to Australia (in NZ at the moment) so it has been worth it. A word of warning though, the points seem a lot but they don't get you very far!! I currently have about 30,000 with another 20,000 or so to add shortly, but the 30,000 would only get me one internal flight one way. It is worth it however as it doesn't cost anything and if you go back to Australia in the future then you can keep adding to them.
I belong to BA's executive club. I don't know how easy it is to join as I have been a member for years, the miles that I earned flying with Qantas within Australia on my last trip to OZ I claimed from BA as both airlines belong to the One World Alliance. Qantas points aren't much good if you are not going to return to Australia whereas BA miles can be used within Europe and further. The miles are only good for a few years (I'm not sure how many) and if you are not intending using them on a flight to Australia in the next couple of years you may find belonging to Executive Club more to your benefit.

Judith
Hello,

I am buying my 3 year old a set of her own headphones (smaller, with volume limiter), and wondered what adaptor I will need for the the 747 and A380 so she can use them?

Or, should she just use the headphones provided?

Thanks.
the set up depends on the original specification made by the first purchaser of the airframe, some will have a true single stereo socket BUT most use the twin mono system, if you get her a set of phones you can purchase a twin mono/stereo adapter possibly fron the same place if not on the web

wizard
samanthatracey,

You'll need a twin mono to stereo adapter on the 747 but I think the A380 comes with twin stereo as standard so even though you have a twin socket, they are stereo output. As Wizard mentions, you're better off always having an adapter for air travel as the majority use the twin-mono sockets.

Darren
Hello, another question from me re Qantas! Three weeks to go!

What's on offer in terms of IFE for children? I have looked on the Qantas website and came across the movie selection (making notes for myself - hopefully I will get to watch at least one film whilst keeping a 3 year old entertained!). Do they show The Wiggles, or maybe English children's TV (Peppa Pig/Tweenies - maybe stretching it a bit there).

Thanks.
have just booked our flights online with qantas to sydney for next year and am a little worried confused about the baggage we are allowed,it states on our booking form which i have printed off baggage included 1 piece,is this one each or just one for the two of us? :duh
happymackem,

It is one for each passenger, not between the two of you.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.