Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Re: Qatar airlines
430 Posts
Hi denham, We didnt have any problems with hand luggage, both had a fairly big bag, some people seemed to have really big hand luggage pieces but they didnt appear to check the size. We didnt buy any purfumes in Manchester as we saved it for the return in Doha where they are much cheaper. We bought quite a lot but as we were leaving the country rather than entering, maybe that's why we didn't have a problem. That's dreadful getting your purchases confiscated! Whenever we go to Goa we tend to but them at Bahrain as again they are much cheaper. The missus was very disgruntled last year when we flew direct!!!!
hi paulisreal 1952 thanks for your help was worried as to size of hand luggage allowed think we will also buy duty free on return at doha to be on safe side one more question when you get your tickets are your boarding passes with them or are seats allocated at airport only was wondering if we would be able to get window seats but if you are issued with boarding passes beforehand i suppose you have to sit in the seats allocated again thanks for your help denham :tup
Denham,
If you contact Qatar Airways in Manchester you can request a seat at no extra cost.
thanks qatarman prebooked seats and have got window seats rang our two friends that are coming with us and they have got seats infront of us so at least we wont have to worry about getting separated on the plane only four weeks and three days carnt wait its our first time in thailand cheers denham :cheers
hi

Does anyone have the number that I can contact Qatar airways at Manchester, so that I can pre book seats.

We are flying to Bangkok via Doa, is all food & drink on the flight free? Sorry to be so niave but furthest I've ever flown is Goa. :que

Thanks
AJ
ameliajane,

Contact details are on Qatar's website. Food and drink should be complimentory. For more information, refer to their website.

Darren
We flew with Qatar and were very impressed with them - the best airline I've flown with..We were kept entertined for the whole journey and the food and hospitality was very good..We upgraded to Business Class on our return journey which was fabulous , and a great treat, although we did say economy was so good that it wouldn't have really mattered if we hadn't upgraded... Would probably be easily persuaded to fly Business next time though !! :cheers
We are flying via Doha from Heathrow to Bangkok - Does anyone know if our luggage is automatically transferred for us or do we have to pick it up and re-check in? On our outbound flight we only have 1.5 hours inbetween so a bit concerned that our luggage wont make the flight.
Has anyone here flown this route and know? Thanks :)
Bunny230,

If you are flying with Qatar or their airline parters on both sectors, then your bags will be checked straight through and all bording cards issued at the departure airport. 1.5 hours is the minimum recommendation for transfers. Chances are, your bags will beat you to the flight!

Darren
Flying wuth Qatar to Bali from Manchester in about six weeks time, we usually use Emirates, mainly because of the Glasgow departure, and always check in online. Is there any word of Qatar starting this ? Alan
Dazbo5 wrote:
Bunny230,

If you are flying with Qatar or their airline parters on both sectors, then your bags will be checked straight through and all bording cards issued at the departure airport. 1.5 hours is the minimum recommendation for transfers. Chances are, your bags will beat you to the flight!

Darren

I too am doing this flight and have been told that there is no problems and as if there is a delay from your inbound flight from LHR to Doha the Doha flight will wait for you to board and your baggage, my sister is a ff and lives in Bahrain she has been giving me all the info as I too was concerned about the short time between flights
Yes they will board your baggage,I waited 45mins in arrivals for my bags (Business Class) while they went halfway round the airport to drop bags off for the Bangkok flight.
Does anyone know how far in advance Qatar put there tickets on sale? Looking to go back to Bangkok again next Feb, but can't find any Heathrow flights at all, does anyone have a contact number to find out - thanks

Btw we flew with them last month - brilliant airline - def recommend :)
Thanks, their 2009 prices have shot up by over £200 on this years :( Good news is we've booked with Eva Air - direct flight & still over £100 cheaper :)
Having flown EVA Bangkok/Taipei a number of times its not a patch on Qatar.
Hi,

My wife took a flight from Nairobi to London and was under the impression that the luggage allowance was 2x 20kg, however she was told only one case at 20kg, everyone else on the flight had 2x 20 kg. I was told that because I had booked the flight in the UK and not kenya that the 20kg rule applies. I think this is disgraceful considering the cost of the flight is the same price wherever you book the ticket. In addition every other airline inc Kenya airways, British airways, Virgin Atlantic give the very least of 2x 23kg.

I have to pay an additonal 15000 kenyan shilling around £120 sterling to have the case repatriated to the UK.

To add insult to injury a passenger took 60 kg 20 kg overweight, cost 2000 kenyan shilling to the Qatar staff.

Rant over

Andrew
Which terminal will we be leaving from, does anyone know?
Leaving manchester to Bangkok via Doha at 09:00hrs
prada,

Qatar Use Terminal 2 At Manchester Airport

Gower
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.