General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Quad biking
9 Posts
Check out http://www.nationwide.co.uk as they used to cover most hazardous activities as long as they were a one off and not the main purpose of the holiday.

However last time I checked the policy I noticed they had tightened up and now specifically list what is covered. I don't have time to look at the moment.

luci :wave
Thanks Luci - we'll take a look
Our insurance with Direct covered quad biking last time I looked - http://www.direct-travel.co.uk
Mehmeh,

thanks for the link. I've just checked and Quad bikes are covered at no extra premium. I can get single trip insurance for £11.
Does anyone see a problem in being coverd on 2 policies. As I stated earlier I have multi trip annual insurance with another company but they won't insure for the use of Quad Bikes. Thanks

Also as a matter of interest would my hubby be insured to ride any sort of motorcycle. He doesn't have a motorbike licence, only a full car licence. There used to be a law where he was allowed to ride up to a certain cc but does that still apply? Thanks for your help.
Again you would need to read your policy wording or call the insurance company. There was a guy on Sky News last week who had made sure his son had a very comprehensive policy. However the son had an accident on a moped in Greece I think it was, and his insurance didn't cover him as he needed to have a full motorbike licence to hire a moped. It cost £25000 to get him home.

Thanks Luci. Holiday insurance matters aside - Does anyone know what the legal requirements (sort of licence needed) as regards to hiring motorbikes in Greece are please?

Also had another thought is it actually legal to ride pilion on a quad bike? If not, the insurance wouldn't cover us anyway. Thanks again to anyone who can help
The legal requirement was mentioned on one of our Greek forums in the last few weeks. Have a browse through them as I think there was a fair debate about it. Or maybe it was mopeds.

I am a motorcyclist who uses a bike to commute to work every day and I wouldn't dream of hiring anything on two wheels while on holiday. If you are comfortable riding out there, you are not wearing enough safety equipment!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.