Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Sorry,

I've never heard of them - do you have any details at all about them? Maybe if you tell us the tour operator you are going with? At least then I might have an idea from their blurb about where its likely to be.

Elaine
the operator is first choice , but is only been used as a sale hotel apparently,not listed in broucher.
it is a central location 350mt to beach , 250mt to shops. 4* self catering ???
Nope,

Still none the wiser. The only place I can think of that even has "Queen" in the title in Gumbet is Queen travel, which a small tour agency in the resort centre.

Sorry I couldn't be any more help.

Elaine
i have spoken to the queens resort on the phone and he tells me they have only been open 20 days , brand new , he says they are close to bar street but a quiet location , i have not been to gumbet so it does not meen much to me but looks worth a risk ??
If you're getting it for a good price, then I'd say go for it.
I remember when the Sami Plaza first went on sale by the UK tour operators, it was the same kind of thing, only aoa and last-minute bookings their first year. Everyone who got put there was delighted.

Happy holidays,

Elaine
prices seem to be holding firm from what i can see , been tracking some prices since got back from icmelar mid july , not been to gumbet before so it would be another new resort in turkey.
this price £550 , manchester morning flight 12 september , still think its a bit dear , but i am not sure if should book now or wait a bit , some prices came down today to the jasmin in gumbet ????
want to book to have something to look forward to , but the tight wad side of me will not let me , what does anybody think ??
Is that £550 per person, or for 2 people? One or 2 weeks?
Sorry, that sounds really nosy :oops: . At the end of the day, if you think its a decent price for what you're getting, thats all that matters.

Elaine
£550 for 2 people for 1 week self catering.
thanks for your help i have been reading some of your other reviews about gumbet , must admit this will be the first time not going into dalaman , been to all the resorts from that point of arrival will gumbet keep us entertained , like to get into the lively bars ( not bar street ) nad have a dance and a few efes.
Mmmm week after the schools go back -
I think (going on the trend for just before the school holidays this year) that prices will come down a bit more yet.
Its been years since I went to Bar Street in Gumbet at nighttime, theres loads of great restaurant/bars away from Bar Street to keep you entertained - music, dancing, widescreen telly etc etc.

Happy holidays,

Elaine
i have booked these apatments for mid september , they are brand new and are been used during august by first choice as a extra allocation complex , so if anybody is going or you have been any info would be appreciated. our first time to gumbet so dont know what to expect ???
have you sen the queens resort in gumbet ??
some where in the vicinity of bar street ?
just opened in the last month and been used by first choice as a extra location.
any news would be apreciated??
Hi Jackonews,

Yeah, the Queen Resort in Gumbet is very new, they were still building it at the start of the season. It is located on the way to Bitez, not far from the Asarlik Beach Hotel. It is actually sited in a strange kind of mini complex. The entrance to the hotel is sandwiched between the new Planet Yucca restaurant and a doctors clinic.
Its hard to say what its like as I've only seen it from the outside, but my husbands friend has been inside and he says it is 'dead posh', if that is any help!
To be honest, it is in a good location, handy for everything, close to beach, no steep hills and relatively quiet.
Might be worth a try. :D

Jill Tiryaki.
thanks for that info jill

if you find anything else out over the next 3 weeks let us know >>

we dont go until the 12th sept . sounds ok though , and at the end of the day for a week i allways feel you are not as bothered as when you go for two weeks when you do feel its a little bit like your home,and want it to be nice.
SO GUMBET here we come only 4 weeks to go , not been to gumbet so another learning curve , bars to investigate etc etc
I have just come back from a weeks stay in this resort, it is very nice. It is situated in between a doctors and Planet Yucca. Lovely food and entertainment in Planet Yucca, their happy hour starts at 10.30. The apar-hotel has only been opened a month, has a lovely pool 1.4m and a small childrens pool there, with bar service too. Room service is provided with no extra charge for that. We used room service a number of times, I would recommend paying the bill on a daily basis so you can keep tabs that you are not being overcharged, when you are at the poolside they will not let you pay for anything you have to have it charged to your room. Rooms have double or twin beds with two pull down sofa's in living room, small plasma television! We did have to pay for airconditioning but it wasnt very good, when in the room it was better to prop the balcony door open and front main door open to cause a breeze. Double glazed with tilt and turn windows and patio doors.

Showers in bath room, ours leaked a little but plenty of towels provided, hair dryer provided too. Kitchen has 2 rings to cook on,sink and an electric kettle plus a fridge. We didnt cook at all there, eat out every night.

Beach is only a short 2 minute walk from there which has plenty of sunbeds and entertainment along the beach too. It is very centrally placed with loads of pubs and restaurants and shops all around.

Would definately stay there again, our Thomas Cook rep Fraser was very helpful.
gaynor.. thanks for that info ,you dont have any contact numbers ie fax for these apartments do you ?, also was there much noise at night as i understand its in the area of bar street .. i have not been to gumbet so i have no idea what the layout of the town is ? not that we go to bed early we are night owls ( a bit )
when you charge your drinks do they have a wrist band system taht you top up with money or is it just charge and sign , do you get a print out , and pay later?
onl 2 weeks to go then we will be back in PARADISE ,i hope not having been to gumbet .
can not wait for another holiday in turkey...
only there for 7 nights any body got 3 good restraraunts
2 or 3 good bars for music and a dance , even though we are old codgers i want to have a good night out ???
Smileys bar/restaurant has got to deserve a visit. It's a all about a dance and a good laugh. Give it a try and you'll see what I mean!

Jill Tiryaki.
I found this site by accident, have just come back today from Gumbet and i stayed ar the queen resort - i have written a review of the hotel and the resort in the Turkey - Queen Resort - hotel review page.

I know you will have fun if you Go!

All the best Phil
Oh and while i remember!
If you go to Planet YUCCA the restraunt next door - Tell them you are stopping at Queen resort - you will get 10 - 15% off your bill! and the food and service there are Fantastic!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.