Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Gail

You could look at the government's official Cyprus Meteorological Service website. Their forecast covers the next three days.

HTH, Marion
Hhmmmm thanks for that.... sounds as though it's gonna be abit hit & miss then :(.. Never known it to be this bad for this long over there at this time of year.. unreal.. Looks like we've had better weather here over the last week. Gorgeous outside my house at the mo :)
Gail...
Hi jessfm, i just got back from protaras this morning, like you i had been reading weather forecasts before i went and they didnt look too good, but we had great weather. Up until thursday it was almost cloudless skies and warmer than same time last year, didnt need a jacket at night the whole week. On thursday night we had a few spots of rain nothing more but we did have lightning which lasted all through the night. Friday and sat were mixed some cloud and then sunshine but still very warm ! On sunday there was more lightning and cloud but still lots of sunshine in between and still very warm, i would say though that sunday evening when we were leaving for airport i could have done with a cardi but that is only time. We all have lovely suntans after only a week and would still go at this time of year again as i thought it was overall nicer than last years weather. I know paphos had much worse weather for some reason but hopefully it has all rained out now, i'm sure like ours the majority of your weather will be lovely, wish i wasgoing again :(
Thanks for that Caits.... sounds abit more encouraging. It's just that it's abit guttin when you are only goin for 5 days and all you see on forecasts is big black cloud with rain :( My friends villa over there has a lovely pool etc would just be gutted if we're stuck inside somewhere coz its rainin...and can't make use of the sunbeds!!
Will let you know how we get on next week :)
Gail..
Well arrived back home 5am yesterday.. what can I say... forecasters were right... mixed weather really... I saw sun... clouds.... wind... RAIN :cry: infact Wed or Thurs night I think it was... sat in Zorros bar in Paphos.... the rain and the spectacular lightenin shows were amazin... not as bad as week before I got told tho... They aint known anything like it for this time of year... hailstones as big as golf balls the week before!! But I must say.. still came home with bit of a tan... still managed to chill round the pool a few times... and above all.. still had a good time :)
My friend is out there for another week still... phoned me y/day and said hot & glorious.... flamin typicall... never mind...
Hiya Jess...sooooooo glad you still managed to have a chill out few days..
Hi Jess been off the HT site for some time log in problems, thanks to Mark he got me up and running again, smart chap!!

As you will know we have been having awful weather, the rain we need but so much of it, and only this week two locals near Kisonerga were killed in there car by a mud slide, in all my years I have never lived through storms like this, I thought we had thunder storms in the UK don't you believe it, here they are really scary and do a lot of damage to electrical's etc, I have lost my ADSL my Sky system and even two phone chargers, but this is nothing compared to that loss of life on Monday night..

It is nice to be back with you again though!!
Welcome back Jimbo..... yeah I experienced some storms whilst there.... megga... so sad about that loss of life tho recently...
No I've never known weather like it either over there for this time of year... Unbelievable.... Well if I go back over in May.. will have to make sure I meet up with you next time seein as tho I was only staying down the road from you :D
Gail...
A little better today Gail...but supposed to get much cooler on Sunday but fortunately the storms for now have passed over, towards Turkey as you may have seen on the news..very bad there with 40 being killed.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.