Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Not aware anything has been removed, what was it about ?

Kath
About XL air. Maybe it was moved but I can't find it anywhere :que
Ah well I havent moved it, but it will have probably been moved either to Tour Ops or Flights.....will have a look.

kath x
Just checked not there - very strange. Will ask the others.

Kath x
I can't see it when I look under my recent posts either :que
No I cant Kedi, really strange.

There would be no reason for anyone to delete it, if it wasnt libellous.

Kath x
There is also a post about XL by Peli, it has been locked and requested that any further discussion continue in tour ops. Havent seen your post though kedi.
Cally.
I did notice that it had disappeared some time between 8:30 and 9:30 last night and assumed that it had been removed. Later news proved it correct in all respects.
The topic was transferred from the Turkey forum to the Airlines & Airports forum last night. However, it appeared to contain mostly posts which repeated much of the unsubstantiated rumour, speculation and allegations that had been circulating in recent days, and claimed that XL had already gone bust earlier in the day when the company was in fact still trading last night.

The existing XL topic in the Airlines & Airports forum was being updated with latest developments at the same time as the new topic arrived from the Turkey forum. Both topics were contradictory and would only result in confusion for holidaymakers, and so the one with unsubstantiated or inaccurate claims and copyright infringement was removed.

Unfortunately, time was not available to PM all posters in the topic to explain its removal.

David :wave
Ok, fair enough - it did turn out to be true though didn't it ;)
Yes, if that discussion was running today instead of yesterday, then sadly it would have been perfectly true. :wink
More info and discussion about XL can be found in topics in our Airlines & Airports forum and our Tour Operators forum.

I was surprised to see this topic disappear,being a customer who has booked up with the airline and apartment in separate bookings i was interested in every detail i could get hold of to confirm the problem,i got off the page to look elsewhere and when i returned it had gone i thought i was going mad,i know my eyes are bad but i didnt think that bad.
Yes but the Mods and Admin on the site can hardly be expected to let a topic run at a point when it is only rumor and speculation. It could cause them and the site all sorts of problems. It needs to wait for the official announcement. Surely nobody wants the site to be sued and shut down. :(
Surely nobody wants the site to be sued and shut down.

Thank you!

We have a very thin line, in what we can and cannot allow. This is why we often have to edit posts, much to the dismay of members. However, we do it for the good of the site.

Kath x
As it happens though it wasn't rumour and speculation and I thought people would like to know what had happened. I do understand though and have no problem with the post being removed, it was all proved correct today anyway.
Hi Kedi ... by the time the topic was moved to Airlines & Airports and caught my attention, statements had been made by various members which were factually incorrect and could be deemed libelous. Some may have been posting in good faith with what they thought was reliable information from sources in Turkey, but the information was very much premature and incorrect. Contrary to what the topic stated, XL were still trading last night, and were still doing so long after the topic was removed. The topic also contained copyright infringement which could have landed us in bother.

In cases such as this, someone always knows someone with inside information. Often that information is no more than unsubstantiated rumour. In the case of XL, things moved quickly and the collapse followed in the early hours of this morning. But I can think of at least two companies which members have regularly reported over the last 2 or 3 years as either having gone bust or about to go bust at any moment. Both of those companies are still trading normally. That's why we have to protect our legal interests and be very careful with what comments we allow.

No problem David, after all as you say, it may not have happened. Just very sad that it was true, it would have been better if it wasn't.
Well I was looking at flights for nexy June with XL the other night. Glad I did not have the spending bug or I may have been a few quid down right now. So sad for all those people who have booked and lost their money.

ruth
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.