Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi,
1 - I normally wear 3/4 pants with a top that covers my shoulders with a round neck..so no cleavage on display. Linen tops are great as well as being loose they are lightweight and keep you cool. My husband wears long shorts with a linen type top or a t shirt. You should make sure you both have a hat as the Pyramid area is quite open and put on suntan lotion.

2 - Adaptors are the same ones as you take to Spain. Two pronged round pin.

3 - Haggling....there is no right or wrong way. I am not keen on it myself but you soon get into the swing of it. They overinflate the price obviously to start off with sometimes by more than 100%. Pay what you feel happy with and if they won't budge on price walk away...bet they come running after you!!!
Hi
you don't need to cover up to go to Cairo, our whole group had shorts and vest tops on. Only thing is if you visit a mosque you will have to, i don't know about the others but at the mohammed ali mosque in the citadel they give you a cloak to wear at the entrance.

Adapters - just the normal ones you use anywhere in europe

Haggling - you have to do, but i don't shop cos i hate it so can't give you any advice there
I agree you certainly do not need to cover up, i wouldnt advise wearing flip flops, but open toe sandals are great.
Haggling i love, and always offer under half price of what they are asking, that way when they make an agreement with you with the 'over-sized' calculators you will have got a bargain.
haggling.. i always offer half price and if they won`t have it i always start to drop even less..i usually end up with the half price or somewhere inbetween half price and how much lower i`ve gone..hope it makes sense..if they wont play then walk away you can always try it on someone else. :tup

sharon
Brilliant guys, thanks for the help.

A wee today, I can't wait!! :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.