Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Will be the Angarra, fancy looking with lights wound round the palm trees - food not bad, service sloooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww (one off maybe ?)
thats it Spike! The name just went out of my head. We had our best meal ever there. And yes, now you come to mention it, it was a bit slow but the wait was worth it :)
:offtop Welcome back Fiona, can't wait for your trip report this time..... ;)
:rofl
there will be three pages on BA and a half on Goa. By the time we got there we only had the strength to sunbathe and sit at a beach shack
We loved Agarra, it's actually part of Silver Sands Hotel!! (Where we stayed)

One night I had the Chateaubriand steak........mmmmmmmmm!! I know it's not very Indian but it was great... very good Rogan Ghosh too.
Didn't realise it was part of Silver Sands Hotel, and I even saw on the menu a Silver Sands cocktail, thought they had just pinched it - durrrr.
Could be the reason why so many were served well before us, residents perhaps ?
Still decent food but one we will miss next time (wonder if my steak is still on the grill...)
The silver sands has another restaurant called the Sheetal, which offers Northern Indian cuisine , not tried it yet but I have heard it is excellent.
Shirley, Is the other restaurant also in Candolim? Might have to put it on my list for November (although it seems a life time away :( )
Think it's the one opposite the hotel next to the cremation ground ?
Yes that's the one, we tried Sheetal (opposite the entrance to Silver Sands Hotel) last year and the food was very good, although when we went in there this year we were sat down and left there for about 15 minutes without being given a menu or drink so we got up and left. :(

I would definitely recommend Angara. The ladies always get a red rose at the end of the meal - nice touch!
Sounds very nice, might give it a try, thanks!
Take a book to read Gemma, as for the rose, I think it died after the 1st 2 hours :thanks
Also if you go into silver sands & ask for the chinese menu.Not a lot of folk know about it as James the chef is upstairs & cant be seen from the street.Not a massive menu but great food.James has been there for about 14 years so he must be doing something right.defini9tely worth a try.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.