Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Raging
20 Posts
They altered my flight by a week last year Cazz . They wouldnt give me any discount because the week they moved me to was actually more expensive but I did ask for them to throw me in the your seat your choice for free. They happily did that but wouldnt of offered me anything unless I had asked .

So I would ask for the discount but have in mind some extras too. :)
it's that old motto again . Dont ask, Dont get. :D
Books have been prebooked and meals on plane are free as it's a Thomas Cook Select, wonder if they'll give me a taxi transfer..... ;)
Poor you.

We had our flight times changed twice with Onur Air before flying with Sky Airlines 26 hours later than we had originally booked. We got lucky however because our flight times where actually better than we had anticipated and the flight was on time.

Rotterdam
Both flight time are rubbish TBH, 7am outward and return to Newcastle 05.45... :yikes
Early day going and an even earlier one coming back...no sleep then :(
For a scary few hours we very nearly had to change holidays and opt for Cyprus but hubby can swop a day.
So going up tomorrow to try and get a seaview room or a taxi transfer as a courtesy gesture for stress and trouble.
Good luck Caz - fingers crossed :tup
Went in this morning and........................nothing, not a bliddy thing was I given for the inconvenience. If we had of chnaged holiday they were going to waiver the cost of changing over, that would of cost them upwards of at least 75 quid. I only want a seaview room or a taxi transfer which will cost roughly the same and they wouldn't budge . I'll not be booking with Thomas Cook again!
at least you still can go on your 1st choice. enjoy your holiday.
tracey
The trouble is, no flight time is guaranteed and can change at anytime, it states in the terms & conditions
at least you still can go on your 1st choice
nice i like it 1st choice very clever :sun2
Well, update....I have now found out that there is a new hotel being built next door to the Belek, supposed to be finished by next May....i have heard that before :-x .............If I'd known this on Monday I would have deffinately changed hotels altogether.
A fellow forum member is there at the moment so will keep me informed. God I feel sick. I can switch hotles but I have to pay any difference, all hotels are now upwards of 800 more expensive, so we can't afford it so will just have to keep our fingers crossed.
Can't believe how many times this has happened to me in the past.....I'm beginning to think of holidaying in Britain from now on! :(
dont get dejected im sure it will turn out fine :sun2
Thats what hubby said, evertime we have had to change, it's been at the ;ast moment and have had to accept "the dregs"....well the hotels have been so far. So this one is 5star and he doesn't want to change. We tried pricing up the Titanc ( where we stayed last year) and its a grand more than we payed last year. :(

If I can put up with a pile driver in Benidorm banging on constantly 5 hours a day for 14 days I suppose I can put up with it. :rofl
As far as I am aware, they have to stop building in Turkey before the start of the season, so even if the hotel next door is not finished they will not be building while you are there.
You're right Gizmo, all building work in resorts has to stop for the season. Booking holidays/flights early is always a problem as although the days/times are advertised, they are so much in advance that the airlines aren't sure that they will get the advertised slot.

We booked last year (June 2010) to fly out to Bodrum with Onur on 8 April this year. Only last week, they told us that the flight was now departing at 2200 hours rather than the original 0900 hours and would be flying via Gatwick!! As this was classed as a major change, I cancelled my booking and got a full refund. Now flying with Easyjet - it's a week earlier but as we're going out there for the whole summer it didn't matter to us.

Jak xx
Had a phone call yesterday stating that building work will still be going ahead when we are there. When does the holiday season officially start, we go 23rd May? Will it have stopped by then? and when will it commence?
The noise can be heard by the adult pool and some rooms my friend has told me. I have till Tuesday to decide if I want to cancel or change hotels!
I got told by our TC travel agent that in Turkey they are not allowed by law to have any building work going on past mid April. Dont know how true this is :que as i only have their word for it. Hope you have a peaceful holiday and dont have to cancel :wave:
We went to Lara Beach last year. I remember driving past some hotels that were getting built and commenting about the lack of workmen, ie NONE. Wonder if thats why then........ :que keeping fingers crossed as we can't change to another country and there are no other flights left for the same time, hubby has set dates and can't chnage them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.