Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
railway journey
9 Posts
I think it'll be Thivim or Margoa
hi we travelled to kerala from margoa station , we had to book the tickets approx 2 weeks in advance
My next trip will be fly into Kerala and out of Goa so I would love to know a bit more about the train journey.... please !!!
what do you want to know DaveWales?...we got the overnight sleeper, it was fine ...
chilly
Hi Chilly,
Any info on
1) Booking.... I believe it is necessary to book well in advance, how do you do it from the UK ? Can you do so on line ?
2)What's the sleeper like ? Do you have to share with strangers if there are just 2 of you ?
3)How long did the journey take.... I would probably want to travel from the Cochin area.

Thanks Dave
Hi dave wales,
1 you can book up to 90 days in advance and yes you can book online ..or you can do it through cleartrip (I think thats who it is??) or maybe it is makemytrip...or do it off your own back on the internet.
2 in the sleepers 2nd class reserve there is no A/C just fans there are 6 bunks in the main part of your carriage and two in the aisle, they are 3 each side...even the 3 tier A/C compartment is sharing,same lay out, includes blankets/pillows...but its fine, 2 tier has a curtain and A/C and also blankets and pillows...and only 2 beds each side ie 4 beds..but do make sure you take a lock and chain and secure your bags to the wire under the seats which are there for this purpose whichever way you travel, and keep your money etc on you. the beds fold up against the wall in day time.
3 you can travel from Cochin to margao and if i remember correctly was about 8/10 hrs but check that one out!! was a few yrs ago
Chilly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.