Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Rangers v celtic
33 Posts
We were there last year and watched the Liverpool matches in Oceanic shack in Baga. Quite a few sports bars but many of the bigger shacks have the games on with cheaper prices.
billy, it should be on in the sports bar on beach road.
:cheers
and joking aside I think you will struggle to find it live......you might get brief highlights but that might be all.
We watched all the matches live in Oceanic
Billy, you can watch Rangers getting beaten on TenSports usually. The matches are shown on GoalTV (Man Utd TV) and TenSports or ZeeSports usually shows this.
Might have known we would have the comics posting about this :rofl Cheers jock and Martin, you never let me down. Any of you guys going over the festive time ? We could have a quiet drink whilst watchin the game :tongue :rofl Met you before Martin so you know am a nice sporting guy :cheers
A quiet drink? I assume thats a joke, nothing quiet about watching a Celtic v rangers game, even on the TV :D , I'm giving Goa a miss this year and heading to Thailand in February. Will be in Bangkok for the next OF game on the 15th Feb! :wave:
I managed to watch SPL games live when I was there last november in the sports bar on Beach Road. I'm coming out in February just in time for the St Valentines day massacre.....even if it is a day late ;) and hope to catch that game live.
Hi Billy

I spoke to Davey (Rangers fan) who owns Rabbie burns bar on the Baga / Calangute road, Nearer calangute than Baga and the game is definately being shown live, if you want anymore info or directions let me know otherwise i hope to see you there, let me know if you are going to watch it somewhere else, sports bar will be too crowded and bloody expensive so i will give that a miss and go to Rabbie's.

Mike
Have watched an Old Firm game live before in the sports bar in Calangute, there must have been about 40 Rangers and Celtic fans all wearing the strips, the locals were bemused to say the least as we were all outside on the pavement, the screens inside were showing the "big" game (Ars enal v Wigan) There was nobody interested in that one and the bar staff decided to show the Celtic game on the screens inside as well, by this time the place was heaving. At half time loads of folk had ordered chicken tikka and naan breads from the wee place next door (no pies :D )

Hope you enjoy the game and the atmosphere :tup
i have watched a few games in the Sports Bar but never the Gers. I think ive been in the Rabbie Burns bar too Mike. Might try there for a change. Your top might be a bit lighter but at least it will be blue mate. :cheers
can someone provide directions to the rabbie burns bar thanks
dont have directions but heres the website, http://www.rabbieburnsscottishpub.com. Found it on a wee card i was handed last time in Goa
From Calangute roundabout towards Baga, its down the road on the left just before you get to Caps Corner(which is on the right). Trying to remember anything on that side of the street to use as a landmark ??, Indian Spice is opposite the turn off if I remember :think
Its signposted from the main road. Its only about 100 yards off the main road on the right hand side.
Ten Sports are showing a lot of the SPL games this season.
We had Ten Sports in our room and picked up Hearts v Rangers, Hibs v Celtic and Rangers v Hamilton, although we did watch the game v Hamilton in Rabbie Burns pub.
We were also at the meet in Why Not and they were showing the Hibs v Celtic game.
Try 7pointsTV

Which pub shows this TV Channel :rofl or perhaps it doesnt exist :rofl
hopefully we should be able to see the Gers take on the runners up now that sentana are bust, i would imagine espn/sky will be shown there.
Yes Billy you will get to see the games in Goa. Loads of the bars were showing SPL games last season. We even had coverage of loads of the Rangers/Celtic games in our hotel (Marinha Dourada) :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.