Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Save it as a lasting memory of Cyprus before it joined the EU. :( That's what we are doing.

Mandy :sun2
See my post in the Currency topic HERE

luci :wave
Thank you both for your reply. Its worth noting Oxfam will take the Cypriot currency. :)
There are also loads ofplaces in Cyrprus that have signs - "we exchange Cuprus pounds"

T
Again thank you for the reply. Since yesterday I have found out one of my work colleagues is going to Cyprus at Christmas so she will take them with her. :tup
Hi

I've just got back from Protaras and my mum is still in Paphos at the minute and can confirm that loads of places are still accepting Cypriot pounds. Signs in many shop windows, so your colleague will have no problem exchanging or purchasing goods with them.

Deb
Put them in one of the charity boxes - that is what we did. Whilst they are no longer "legal tender" I understand the same rules apply as here in the UK (even the old pound notes) Banks will accept them.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.