Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I have stayed in a few resorts in Menorca, and went to Cala'n Bosch for the first time last year, back again in 2 weeks! I think this might be better for you. Flat, busy, 2 sandy beaches, loads of accommodation to choose from for all budgets and tastes. One thing that may be good for you is the play centres for little ones. Similar to Cala'n Forcat, soft play areas called the Goody Goody in the centre of the marina and the Titanic which is further out. There are lots of children and it has a lot going on in the evening. It is probably not as busy as Cala'n Forcat but good enough for a holiday.

If you like the sound of it, let me know what kind of accommodation you like and I'll try to suggest something.

Annie
Annie, you must be reading my mind! :cheers

Thank you so much for your reply by the way! :wave:

It just happens that I was looking at Cala n Bosch as an alternative to Forcat. Although we didn't get to visit it I thought it looked similar and from what you've described sounds just what we want.

Okay, accomodation. We would like Self-Catering, 1 bedroom apartment (ie with twin beds) and fold down sofa in living area. Hubby really wants air-conditioning so have promised will hunt for this. We don't really need anywhere with 'entertainment included' at accomodation, because as I said before we like to see the resort entertainment - but I know that this can be difficult.

Have seen the Roc Lago Park in the 08 Thomas Cook brochure but any advice would be greatly received, Annie.

Thanks again for replying to my post so quickly Annie. By the way the weather was fab the whole time we were away, not a cloud in the sky and was supposedly getting hotter by the day! :sun2

Many thanks

Fiona
xxxxx
Hi again. Have also seen the Hotel Marinda Gardens and Casas Del Lago in Cala n Bosch, Anne. Would you know anything about these?

Many thanks

Fiona
xxxxx
Another vote for Cala'n Bosch from me! Beaches aren't massive but certainly better than Forcat. We are going again in August, this time to Paradise Club apartments. Haven't stayed at the apartments you've mentioned but as far as I recall Lago Park and Casas del Lago overlook the Marina, the Casas also being really close to the beach. Can't picture where Marinda Gardens are but having read loads of reviews on them I know that the ground floor apartments cause a lot of complaints. Personally, I've often looked at Casas del Lago and been tempted but the thing that swayed us towards the Paradise Club was the childrens entertainment, just so it's there if we want it. Hope this helps and you get something sorted soon. To be honest I think wherever you stay in Cala'n Bosch you couldn't fail to have a good family holiday.

Just to add, if you are considering Lago Park or Marinda Gardens you may find it works out cheaper DIY, I know they were when I was researching last year. Casas del Lago are Thomas Cook exclusive so you've no choice other than to book through them but I'd advise you contact a TC shop as they can often beat the internet price.
Hi Nic

Thanks for your reply... I've actuallly booked the Casas del Lago just an hour ago after spending most of the afternoon finding as much info on the hotels as possible! :tongue I did it myself and booked with Thomas Cook online and got about £100 deducted for booking online. Just over the moon that it's done and have seen pretty good reviews of Casas apts on here as well. I've just emailed hubby the details and am waiting his reply! :yikes

Am sure he'll be delighted.

Thanks for all your help and happy for anymore advice.

Fiona
xxxxx
Casas Del Lago has really good reviews for children. I know I have seen it a few times but can't exactly place it. I'll try and take a pic while I am away! You will have a great time (what time of year are you going?). You can wander in to any hotel for the entertainment, just have a drink there. There is also music in a lot of the bars, and in the square.

Before I got to your most recent post I was going to suggest Roc Lago Park, and to book via the menorcan travel agent (much cheaper than any of our companies). I think Casas Del Lago is more equipped but they are all good. I haven't seen any bad reviews yet.

Annie
Thanks Annie.

You be sure to have a brill time (I'm sure you will!!) :sun2

Don't forget to let us know how it went when you get back.

Thanks again

Fiona
xxxxx
By the way Annie, you mentioned booking through the menorcan travel agents? As it looks like we could be Menorcan regulars, have you any details of them? It's all very new to us! :duh

Thanks

Fiona
xxxxx
There is a travel agent called MenorcaOK, they have a website, and they have offices in Mahon and Cuitadella. Last year we booked separately through them for a week at the RocLago Park, 2 bed, half board for £500 for 5 of us! We didn't go as we decided to stay in a different hotel, so I lost a percentage of my deposit (£20) but that was ok. The dealings i had with them were brilliant, and they refunded the remainder of my deposit back to my card immediately.

They also appear to do deals with accommodation and car hire which looks very competitive.

I would use them again in different circumstances. This year our travel arrangements are more complicated (and expensive) and I have gone through UK holiday company websites but would have saved about £2000 if I hadn't! Booking flights separately to Menorca is the difficult bit. They are never very cheap, so you have to keep an eye out all the time and it will depend on whether you have to go in school hols We did this year as my eldest was doing GCSEs, but next year we might have more flexibility.

Annie
Thanks Annie, that sounds great. Will definitely keep in mind for next year!

Have a great holiday! :cheers

Fiona
xxxxx
Keep just remembering things! Have booked through T.Cook online and didn't get a chance to ask for preference for room to be 'away from noise' 'sea view' etc. Do you know if you can request this by contacting the hotels in question? Oh bum, this is getting complicated! :think

Thanks in advance

Fiona
xxxxx
There's nothing to stop you emailing the hotel nearer the time, but why not phone TC and ask them to add the requests to your booking. They'll tell you they're not guaranteed but there's no harm in asking. Good on you for booking, I think you'll be thrilled with your choice. We stayed just opposite the Casas last time we went and I know they looked lovely from the outside and in a brilliant location too...you'll love it!
Thanks Nic, that's a good idea. Any ideas how I could get email addys/tel no. for hotels in menorca. Is there a Menorca directory or something. Sorry, not too good at this sort of thing..... :duh

Fiona
xxxxx
Fiona

If you post the hotel name here, or preferably in the relevant hotel topic if there is one, some of our members may be able to help.

luci :wave
Thanks Luci

It Calas del Lago in Cala n Bosch. Any details ie email address would be great.

Many thanks

Fiona
Sorry, I've searched too and come up with nowt :(
Do you mean Casas del Lago? We have reviews HERE

Still looking for an email address, but not having much success.

luci :wave
Many thanks everyone for your efforts.

Fiona
xxxxx
Great way to get over the post holiday blues- booking another holiday :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.