Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Nikki

I always stay in Marmaris but travel through to Icmeler for the Chinese

We use the Peking they do a buffet for £6 and a bottle of wine per couple, but unlike other buffets everything is freshly cooked, no sitting under lamps etc warming

We have used it for about the last 6 years, staff are great

We travel on the 10th Sept and will visit there a couple of times

Hope this helps

have a great holiday

John
ooo that sounds fab, thanks John.... so we will be in sunny Marmaris at the same time! :cheers

Do you go there on an evening or during the day? And if you go on an evening how do you get there?

£6 is a bargain with vino aswell! mmm!!! We love buffets too as we have a 4yr old who likes to try little bits of everything.... fab!

Please can you tell me where abouts it is in Icmeler?

Love nikki xx
nikki

We ate in the one above the Taj this year and thought it was ok but nothing great. I had the sweet & sour and didn't think they got the sauce right. In previous years The Garden Restaurant had it's own chinese chef and the food was excellent. Unfortunately no chinese chef there this year either. My daughter and partner went to the one diagonally opposite the Taj and they thought that was good. For me it's a wee bit too close to the road and wouldn't use it. Don't know whether I'm correct or not but I seem to think the genuine chinese chefs in Marmaris are on the decline.

Wilson ;)
oooo thanks Wilson :)

I didn't know the Garden had a chinese chef! We ate there a good few times last year (after your recommendation, thank you it's yummy!)... shame they aren't there anymore.... but I love the Gardens skish kebabs mmmmm.... Droooooooooooool!

I was thinking of that Chinese across from the point centre as we have walked past it and had a nosey in.... think I might give it a try! Thank you....

yeay 5 wks and 2 days!

:sun2

love Nikki xx
ooo that sounds fab, thanks John.... so we will be in sunny Marmaris at the same time!

Do you go there on an evening or during the day? And if you go on an evening how do you get there?

£6 is a bargain with vino aswell! mmm!!! We love buffets too as we have a 4yr old who likes to try little bits of everything.... fab!

Please can you tell me where abouts it is in Icmeler?

Love nikki xx

Hi Nikki

We used to get the dolmus there and back (stops right outside) but now we get picked up from our hotel and dropped back afterwards by one of the staff

It is on the main drag just beyond the crossroads on the left hand side

The owner "Jane" is a real friendly lady and always makes us welcome

We go there of an evening

Never know we might see you there, we will def be going on the 17th Sept to celebrate my daughter's fiance's birthday

Have a great holiday

John
Hi nikki i wouldnt try the one opposite the point centre,we went there last year and the food wasnt nice at all.Theres one further up the road towards the harbour roughly opposite mcdonalds,and that was far better,and it had a chinese chef.The only reason we didnt go back to that one was that it had been shut down the second week we were there,so as we had it set in our minds we were having a chinese decided to try out the one near point centre.Bad move,wont be going back
we've just come back from Armutalan which is about 5 mins out of Marmaris on the blue n white bus. we went to a chinese restaurant called The Two Dragons. the food was lovely. we took full advantage of the buffet that was priced at £3.99 each. they also had a menu to order off but we didn't look at it as had already decided on buffet. they have a chinese chef working there and an english woman taking orders. i highly recommend the sweet n sour chicken yum yum.
it's on the main bus route so i'm sure you can't miss it.
they advertise that they have chinese, indian, italian and mexican food so i presume that is also on the menu cuz it wasn't on the buffet. food was being cooked fresh in front of us.

Happy holidays

Sandra x
:glynis
HI, Just back from marmaris last night,the chinese in Armutalan,the two dragons is fantastic value for money,open buffet eat as much as you like for £3.99. We went 3 times to this chinese, food really good. :cheers
ooo thanks lovelies! £3.99 total bargain aswell! Love it1

thank you so much,

4wks tomorrow! yeay!

Love Nikki xx
the mandarin above the taj mahal has a set menu for 29.95 ytl for 3 courses -starter, main with rice or noodle choices with a choice of large drink and prawn crackers. it also does the same for 34.95 ytl with a bottle of wine if 2 people order. nice place and atmosphere but food was nowt special.

the one opposite does chinese and mexican with a set menu saying £6.99 but with the currency rate so low -2.11 ytl to the pound on our last day -yesterday it works out at about over £8.00 and it was no where as near a nice as last year. there is a one on the marnina which is all chinese staff which we have been told is lovely. but there are so many chinese restaurants now around with some really good deals on.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.