Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Sounds great! Can you PM me the owner's name and email address please?
Yep, looks and sounds great.

A bit pricey, but you get a heck of a lot for your money.

Phyll,
I've just googled and found this which has all the details as well as contacts. :
http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/canaries/C153.htm

Cheers - Ole
It is a lovely villa, I'm just not too keen on the location of it. Did the road not bother you tiffs, or the houses overlooking you?
Phyll
I know you and I think you will find it is too far away from the beach for you!
We didnt notice the road noise at all or notice anyone overlooking us during our stay, in fact the villa behind has high walls so no-one can overlook you at all. The views were spectacular and the location was great, didnt want to be in the heart of pdc and all the noise.

We are thinking of trying their sister villa Tranquila as well in Macher. It is supposed to have good views as well a bit closer to the see and very private.

By the way the beach is 5 mins by car to PDC.
Hmmm. Yes, it is a little isolated isn't it? I don't drive so that would be a problem. Never mind, plenty more to choose from!
my goodness you must like them- is that three visits next year? They must love customers like you - better than any of their own adverts :D I'm sure a lot of folks don't mind a 10 min drive to the beach- indeed some would welcome the fact.
Phyll
Its not isolated its in Tias however i see your point if you dont drive or dont like to taxi it, it is not within walking distance to the beach. But what it lacks in walking distance it makes up in other ways..............
Have you looked for something suitable in our PRIVATE RENTALS forum? You'll find posts from property owners there :wink:
Fiona
We actually go approx 5 times a year and has used many different companies and stayed in lots of villas as you can imagine. We take our elderly parents out twice a year. The sun is good for my mum's arthritis. We pretty lucky really that both my husband and i have our own business so we can be flexible. So therefore we are well informed and know the island inside out.
must be good to get away so often. You might end up like madsue and buy your own :D
We have thought about it over the years would of saved us loads of money im sure, bit too late now!
I thought an update would be appropriate here as we were booked to stay in Villa Tranquila, that is also mentioned here....
We were booked to stay at the end of March for two weeks, we only managed one night, it was so awful.
The first thing was the overwhelming musty smell as we walked in. The front door opened straight into the lounge area where there were leather settees covered with dirty brown throws, underneath the leather had shredded and peeled off and the springs were going.
The kitchen table was filthy, the beds small and uncomfortable and the bed frame in the main bedroom was coming apart. The bedding was old, stained and thin as were the towels. There were no dvds as advertised.
Outside there were dirty stained sunbeds, cracked and broken tiles and the swimming pool didnt look clean. The jacuzzi was covered in dirt and had a funny smell. ...come night time the outside lights didnt work. As for privacy, there was a road running directly beside the villa no more than six feet away from the main bedroom window. There were no beautiful gardens as advertised at all, just a tree that overhung the jacuzzi.
The following morning, we went down to Puerto Calero for breakfast and were guided to a rental company situated on the Marina called Puerto Calero Villas. Thank goodness we were able to find alternative accomodation otherwise our holday would have been a complete nightmare, in fact we had decided to go home if we couldnt find anything else.
This villa is advertised as luxury, magnificent and exquisite, a gross misrepresentation of the facts and my advice would be to avoid this villa at all cost.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.