Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Have you looked at going DIY. Finding a reasonable flight & booking direct with the hotel.
When are you looking to go and for how long, also what is the budget you've got?

I've found some belters over the last few days but unless you give us some more info its a bit tricky finding you anything!
I was thinking about late august or if needs be October to fit in with the school holidays. I don't really want to take him out of school as he will be starting his Sats year, but if I have to I will. I don't mind going DIY, its just the prices of taxi's etc and I have never driven abroad, so I don't think car hire would be good - knowing my luck i'd crash or something ;) . I would like to go back to the Alcudia area, but definitely don't want Magaluf or palma nova - been there a few years ago when my son was 3 and didn't have a very good time.

Sarah
A really quick look and i've come up with this, could probably find a lot cheaper if need be though:

Protur Aparthotel Bonaire in Cala Bona (reviews for this hotel are fantastic) booked through Thomson Hotels, 7 nights SC, 22 - 29 Aug - £745

Flights with easyjet from Liverpool to Palma - £309

This is quite expensive really but its still the holidays i suppose and as i said, i've only looked for 2 mins.
Thanks KeefG, I will keep looking for something. I looked at flights for Oct last night and they are pretty cheap with Jet2.com for October £157 for me and son inc taxes etc, so may think about that if I can find a reasonably priced hotel.

Sarah
HI Sazmo,
I am like you single mum with a 10 year old son...I have found a good internet site to book cheap holidays it is called
Globallatedeals.com
I have booked for my self and my son to go to Cala Millor, All inclusive over easter, infact were going tomorrow. Because i have booked flights, hotel and transfers separate it has worked out just over £700 for the two of us, flying from Manchester, and that was choosing one of the better hotels, i could probably of got it cheaper if I went to another area, but i really wanted Cala Millor, as it sounds more international, not too english (no offence, I just didnt want blackpool in the sun) I am just hoping the weather is going to be good..... :)
Good luck finding a holiday.
Thanks Lorra62 I will have a look at that site. I hope you had a lovely holiday. I'm now looking at 23rd August from liverpool or october, but will have to see what prices, as I really am potless at the moment, but could really do with a nice sunny break :cheers

Sarah
Have you looked at Medhotels - the Moreyo in Cala Bona for you and your son on 23rd August half board would be £322 for a week (if you book before the end of April). I don't drive and Cala Bona is quite a distance from the airport but have used ResortHoppa transfers which worked out about £30 for me and my daughter last year (I think). The Moreyo is a small hotel with no entertainment but is very clean, has a pool and is in a lovely location, more or less on the beach. Cala Bona and Cala Millor feel very safe, especially for a single woman with a young child.

ps The prices I quote are for two adults - they don't do child discounts when there is only one adult in a room.
This is one of the best tour-operators that you will find that specialize in single parent holidays.

Small Families Holidays
43 East Hatley, Sandy, Bedfordshire SG19 3JA
ATOL: 5801
'Quality Group Holidays for Single Parent Families'

Take a look at the web page and see what you think.
the owners name is Carole Standen
They travel will the group and have a massive following!

Suzanne
Thanks everyone, I will look at the information you have all provided. I just hope I can get something :)
Sarah
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.