Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
magluf i wouldnt do AL as theres so many palce to eat,
There's the Hotel Honolulu, and also the Hawaii. Both have mixed reviews, although the main complaint is because of the young groups, so they may be ok there! Good luck with your search, Linda.
Hi RubyRed

To be honest, Magaluf is not really geared up for AI for younger groups. There are a few AI hotels but they will not normally accept young groups. If they do, they will not tolerate any rowdy behaviour. There are plenty of SC hotels such as Magamar / Jungla which cater purely for this age group but the risk of running out of cash would still be there!

If the lads wtill wish to go AI, I suggest they book the accomodaton in smaller blocks as the Honalulu would block a large group booking generally.
Check out our review section HERE

It may help when making your decison. :wink
Kath HT Admin
Ruby Red

I think you are looking at false ecopnomy by suggesting that a group of lads go all inclusive.

These groups invariably go for bottles or cocktails (Vodka Redbull etc) which they may not find available at an AI Hotel. Also Magalluf is geared up for groups and they will undoubtedly be attracted to places like BCM and Pirates which are themselves all inclusive, so they will end up wasting some of their all inclusive drinking time for a least 2 nights.

Also I will say that groups of lads sometimes go a bit over the top when the drinks are free, and this can lead to themselves making themselves very unwell, and / or getting into trouble. There are dozens of reasonably priced places to eat, as well as Burger King, McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut, Subway etc etc, and they may end up eating at places like that anyway, particularly if the AI Hotel serve up "slop"

Learning to budget is part of growing up - I'm certain he'll enjoy the freedom to eat and drink where he chooses.

Just my (slightly biaised) opinion.
I think you are all right. I will wave him off on a S/C and hope for the best. He's got to grow up sometime. We've all made mistakes but looking back we had a great time making them!! Time I stopped thinking like a Mum and remember how great it was to not be sensible!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.