Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Difficult one to answer bearing in mind Ibiza is very much a family based destination (and one for "Clubbers")
Obviously you also want something to keep the teenagers happy/occupied as well.
Might be worth checking out Santa Eulalia, which is very much a "residential" town rather than an out and out resort. Still plenty of quality accommodation though, plus excellent eating establishments.
Also perhaps one of some of the smaller locations such as Portinax or Calla LLonga which are much more laid back. Both Santa Eulalia and Calla LLonga are in easy reach of ES Cana if you are in need of a bit more going on.
Good luck in your search.
Many thanks, its nice to have a starting point. I stayed years ago (14 years maybe) in a resort called Cala Tarida, which had a lovely beach and just the hotel that I stayed at, but I feel I need something more this time. Obviously this age of kids is too young for clubbing, but I need lively in other ways, but the other end of the scale seems to be loads of hotels aimed at families with kids of 5 to 11 and I dont think my teens would be impressed.

Sometimes it seems easier to stay at home. :(
From our experience, if you want somewhere that will cater for the teens, you are going to have to accept that they will cater for the younger kids too - and that means the inevitable Mini Disco before the evening entertainment at the hotel.

We stayed at the Torremar I & II up at San Miguel a few years ago, and during the day, there were plenty of activities that teens and adults alike enjoyed, like rifle shooting, water polo etc. At night, it was the mini disco for ~45mins, then Bingo, then an act. I think Panorama carry these apartments, but they're twinned with the Balansat/Balanzat so look for either. The Torremar are SC but Balansat do B&B and maybe HB, and the food was pretty good.
San Miguel is only fairly small and quiet, and a bit out of the way, but very nice.

This year we stayed in Es Cana, there's plenty to do, such as Pedalo's, motor boats, banana boats etc, but I couldn't recommend where we stayed :o
Playa D'En Bossa is another place that's pretty good if you have teenagers, as there's the water park there, and it's close to Ibiza Town, so you can get to anywhere pretty easily by bus. We stayed at the Ebano Apartments and they were very nice, but that was 5 or 6 years ago. There wasn't much entertainment at the complex, but plenty in Playa D'En Bossa itself.

The one thing we've found is to insist that you want a mainly British catering hotel - I have nothing against Germans/French/Italians etc, it's just that teenagers tend to get very stroppy when the entertainment is in 6 languages, and consists of dancing every night, so they don't have to sing/tell jokes in all the different languages :o
Many thanks for the reply. I do agree that to get things for teens their will be the inevitable mini disco etc so I am probably looking for something that doesn't exist.

Also the last point is so true. At Lykia World last summer the entertainment team had one guy who announced in Turkish, English, German and French, he then handed over to his Russian compatriate for the announcements in Russian. My teens soon got hacked off with this and we probably only managed two or three of the evenings entertainments (didnt matter what language the flying monks were in, but Mr Lykia world dragged a bit :yikes ) and then proceeded to go into the local town to all the little bars, cafes and shops etc as it was just too annoying. :duh
Its really difficult when they are not at the clubbing age, but too old for most of the other stuff on offer. :(
I am sure I won't be the only one to mention the Fiesta Club Don Toni Hotel in Playa D'en Bossa,Ibiza. It is a Half board hotel on the beach and yes it has a Thomson Kidsclub, but it also has a brillient Fiesta Animation team with usually one person dedicated to the Teenagers, organising pool,darts,football,archery,rifle shooting etc for them and basically bringing them together for a laugh and a good time. My son is 16 this year and cant wait to get back there(in 3 sleeps time!) with all the friends he made last year who are returning again this year(it is that sort of hotel where many return year after year,us included).
There is a separate thread on here for the hotel as well as reviews on this site and on Trip Advisor. Happy to PM more info if you want - tho it is on sale through Thomson. They do 4 bedded rooms too to make it a bit cheaper. You can also upgrade to All Inclusive which saves the nagging for drinks all day! Entertainment is like most family hotels with yes the mini disco first followed by a quiz/bingo and then the main show in the evening at about 10pm with the Fiesta team doing shows such as Lion King,We will rock you,Mamma Mia etc. , followed by loads of Club Dances which everyone joins in doing(teens included!!)
We love the place - we have an 11 year old too- and know from the second we leave our house we are in for a good holiday as the food is good too!
Hope this helps.
Hi many thanks Ibizamad. :) I am going to try and read the thread on the Don Toni to give me a bit of an idea if it might be suitable for us. I need to check out the cost of soft drinks etc. Also need to know what the pool situation is like during the school summer holidays ie is it one of these hotels where you have to get up at stupid o'clock to put out towels or are you are consigned to spend 30 euros a day renting 4 loungers on the beach for 14 days if you dont want to get up till 9am.

I'm sure all the information will be there it is just a matter of me searching for it.

Many thanks for taking the time out to reply. :tup

I hope you have a great holiday. Three days to go, lucky you :sun2 :cheers
Fiesta Club Don Toni Hotel in Playa D'en Bossa,Ibiza.

good choice.best to a/i on the drinks option.save you loads. or the food and drink op.ie lunch inc.ungrade when you get there as sometimes they do better offers than booking with tour op.beds are always a problem at any hotel.but you will only need two.as you will not see you kids at all.loads to do all day and night.massive pool area.with lots of beds,but some are in sun and then later shade;so its best to check out those you wish.Fiesta Animation team are very good.look out for Chris a dutch guy.speaks 7 + language.( say you know woody)

you must get up for breakfast don;t miss it.you can always go back to bed.why pay for something you not going to get.waste of money.most i know make a few items up for lunch.all you need is a snack till evening meal.

but like all things i heard last year that they might sell this hotel soon.so lets see and wait what happens,it did to the algarb.
LOL Me and DH always get up for breakfast it's one of my favorite things about holidaying in a hotel, going down and seeing a huge spread of a morning for two weeks and a factor in why I dont like self catering apartments as I end up having the same two slices of toast and coffee that I have the other 50 weeks.

However if I ask DS or DD what they are having for breakfast on holiday these days they will normally say lunch. ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.