UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Wouldnt like to guess how far these are from you helen but heres a few suggestions for you to look at

York
chester
Salisbury
bath
winchester
Lincoln
canterbury
Brighton
Bristol but I guess you've done that

or how about the Cotswolds, I think theres a few companies in the tesco vouchers options, more of the inn type ones.
How about aiming for the Eden Project in Cornwall and finding a convenient location to stay for that. Then if the weather isn't great you have a decent indoor attraction and won't be running between shop doorways. And if you do get lucky with the weather you still have an option of walks on the beach/ Dartmoor etc.
Thanks both - I'll put the options to hubby - when I'm brave enough to tell him I'm thinking of yet another holiday :rofl
During the summer it took us 2.5 hours to get from Fishguard to Cardiff (and a lot of this is motorway), so a three hour drive does clip your wings somewhat as you will be barely out of Wales!

Bath, Chester, Hereford, Worcester, Gloucester, Ludlow are a few places that spring to mind.

Alternatively can you go to Ireland with the vouchers?
Daveyjip - From where we are in Wales - we can get to the Midlands in roughly 3 hours. Alternatively if there was somewhere that I really fancied I would take the train.
For some reason, I never like Bath very much, especially since the new shopping mall opened a fortnight ago. I far prefer its sister city Wells.
Like some of the others who have responded, I think the Cotswolds would be a good place to visit. A popular historic market town like Stow-on-the-wold is a great place to stay with nice places to eat and great countryside all around for nice walks to pretty villages. This is also a good base to visit Stratford, Cheltenham, Oxford and Bath. Boughton-on-Water is also a pretty Cotswolds town that is popular with families.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.