Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
I've stayed at both these hotels.. The Los Dalmatas once and the Regente 3 times.The Dalmatas IMO has the best food and you also feel as though you are wining and dining, more of a restaurant feel to it. The lifts are a nightmare and the rooms are very dated and small. Overall the hotel is very clean and the staff fairly friendly and attentive. The pool is nothing special and the entertainment is quite traditional, ok if you like Spanish quartets e.t.c. The location is great, only a stones throw from the beach and near some good bars and restaurants. I would stay there again if the price was right.

The Regente has become my favourite hotel, although it's not plush of anything, it's a really friendly hotel where the staff make a real effort to get to know the guests. They seem to get repeat guests year after year. It's very clean and the rooms have been modernised in recent years. The food is good overall, always hot and plentiful although the puddings get a bit repetitive but I think that's the same in a lot of the Spanish hotels. The pool area is quite nice and doesn't seem to get too overcrowded. The entertainment is above average and they have acts on who also appear in the cabaret bars in Benidorm. It's a bit further to the beach and the square than the Dalmatas but overall I think it would have to be the Regente for me.

Hope you have a great time whatever you decide.

Sue :)
Needs Harry Hill to sort this one out !! :rofl

I've stayed at both too, and would go along with what Sue says. The Food at The Dalmatus is better than The Regente, as is the location, on other points ie Rooms, Entertainment then The Regente wins.
Depends which is the most important to you. The Dalmatus would normally be more expensive than The Regente, but if you got a good price for it, at say the same or less than the Regente, then i'd probably plump for it.....otherwise i'd go with The Regente! Either way, they are both nice hotels with good, friendly staff....you'll not go far wrong at either of them!

Best Regards - Taggy
Thanks Sue!! A couple of year ago we had a wander into the Regente for a nosey but can't remember too much other than it's location (we nosey in that many hotels :rofl ) Walked passed Los Dalmatas often enough but don't think we ventured in.

I have a few others in mind elsewhere, decisions decisions!!!

Thanks Taggy, with Thos Cook I can get them for the same price, give or take £10!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.