Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
little legs,

Police helicopters have always been in service. I know ours was operating throughout the airspace restrictions, but less frequently. Turbine powered aircraft were permitted to fly under VFR conditions below the advised altitude for emergecy and rescue missions, providing they took responcibility and risked assessed it. The ash debate is still under constant review but as far as I know, there is no restriction on helicopters.

Darren
The coastguard helicopters up here have continued to be used for medical emergency evacuations from Shetland and Orkney to the mainline but they have then been grounded immediately after each mission for the engines etc to be checked for damage and thorough cleaning. It is my unserstanding that a certain amount of damage has been caused and hence apart from emergencies their fleet was grounded for as long the restrictions for other aircraft were in place.

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.