Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Reps
9 Posts
.......................but did you get your free drink :lol:

I thought that's the only good thing these meetings gave :twisted:

Robby :wink:
Gallons of them - But we were AI

Also added to my collection of Malts at Duty Free but did not dare buy the one at £750.00 - do wish to stay married.

fwh
Nice one :D See, we are out there, you just need to know where to find us :wink:

Or of course the rep could have been working on a no commission basis? :D
I haven't been to a reps meeting for years now. I find them boring and a waste of time. Makes me laugh you arrive at your hotel at 6am and tell you the reps meeting will be at 9am, do they think we don't sleep.
Fwh,

I do exactly the same, especially if the guests are repeaters, which we do get a lot of in the resort I work in. Whats the point of pushing? It only makes folks back off. I'd rather sit and have a friendly chat for half an hour than wrangle over a couple of quid commission.

I'm sure your rep was on commission but sometimes we just know who will buy and who won't.

I think the best way is to give all the info and let the guests decide, without the hard sell.

Louby
Was not you that organised the taxi to Nicosia a couple of weeks ago from Thalasaki hotel by any chance?

fwh
No Fwh, not me. :shrug

I'm in Pissouri.

Louby.
Emma, the Thomsons' rep in Sousse the other week was also superb. I wasn't with Thomsons as I travel independently but got talking to her and noticed how she treated her guests, all of whom adored her. She has lived there for the past 9 years and is married to a Tunisian so she certainly knows the place and it shows. I've known good and bad in the past, as I'm sure most of us have.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.