General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Reps!
19 Posts
:rofl Sorry Frank, I was just imagining you missing the bus- not so funny for your wife though being left with no money :duh Only joking, I'm sure she was panicking about you too. Didn't she think to stop the coach from leaving without you? I know it probably isn't as simple as that.

Anyway, back to the subject in hand- yes, it's good to hear praise for reps when they go above and beyond their duty to satisfy :tup
I thought you were going to say they provided a replacement husband.....
I thought you were going to say they provided a replacement husband.....

Don't you go giving her ideas :tut :tut :tut :tut

fwh
How long have you been married Frank that she can forget you ??? :really
I've been trying to lose my OH for years :rofl He often toddles off in the opposite direction and he's never there when I want him.
Joking aside, I wrote to Thomson after getting home following the 3 day delay due to the ash cloud.
The young rep in my hotel was a very polite and informative young man, who kept his cool when put under extreme pressure trying to organise everything, and believe me it was chaotic not knowing if you were coming home by plane or coach, when the truth be known, the only basic information he had, was that which was filtering down from the local Thomson office.
He was a shining star amongst a normally dim sky, and as such, he deserved his employers knowing his name.

Sanji
I must admit a fews years back now, when my son was a young lad, he got taken poorly whilst we were on holiday in Salou. Now I was travelling alone and the REP was marvellous, she got the Doctor out, who prescribed some medicine which had to be picked up from the local pharmacy - the Rep was brilliant because I couldn;t leave my son and he wasn't well enough to to take, the Rep got it for me. Not only that she arranged for my meals 'lite bites' really to be given in the room until a couple of days later when my son was recovered.

When I got back, the first thing I did was to write to Thomson, they went above and beyond the call of duty - hence mostly I travel with Thomson now.
:really :really I would have screamed the place down had the bus pulled off and my husband was nowhere to be seen!!
I would have screamed the place down had the bus pulled off and my husband was nowhere to be seen!!

They did suggest that she got off the bus and waited for me. She declined. Said I was capable of sorting myself out. I was of course.

fwh
:rofl :rofl sorry Frank! :rofl

THIS didn't have anything to do with why you weren't with your wife waiting for the bus was it?

http://www.djmorton.demon.co.uk/scouting/songs/ohdear2.htm ;) I think you'll have to change a few of the names LOL!
A similar situation arose a few years ago with my first wife.

After taking off from Gatwick the stewardess came rushing to my seat to inform me that they had taken off and left her behind at the gate!

Thank heavens for that I replied

Really? replied the surprise'd trolley dolly

Yes I thought I had gone deaf I replied.

;)
The old ones are the best. It's the way you tell 'em :tup
Similar story, we once went to Ireland by coach and on the way back once the ferry had docked back in England all the passengers met back on the coach. The driver did a count and there were two passengers missing! We waited for about 45 minutes backing up the trafic behind us, even the driver and his driving partner popping onto other coaches to see if they had too many passengers!
In the end the drivers mate turned round and said in an Irish accent ' Donny, did you count me and you when we all got off the coach?'
Absolutely hillarious! The driver had only gone and counted himself and his driving mate when we departed the coach but then only counted the passengers back on! :D This was in 1989, I guess these days they'd just tick us off a list or something simple!!!
Frank- that was hilarious :rofl I can see a film- Airport Alone.
Your wife must have been so traumatised when she realised she had no money.
I think you will give Thomsons a laugh as well.
Frank have you just been out there during the school half term week? :)

If so we were out there at the same time. We enjoyed it there so much at the Costa Lago we decided go back again, and yesterday we booked again for next year, but for Easter this time :tup

Dawn one of the airport reps is outstanding I think. She also works in the Lago with Cristina the hotel rep :D Cristina is so funny as well, the way she does the meetings and everything else. A delightful young lady she is :tup

Hope you had another good week out there as you did last year?
I haven't had a rep for years as I've booked independently with TR, Lowcost or similar, but when I had an accident in Tunisia a couple of years ago and finished up spending a few days in hospital, the hotel put me in touch with a rep from Sunshine, as I was having a nightmare getting my passport etc. back from the hospital. The man was an absolute star. He was at the hotel in about half an hour of my phone call, dealt with the hospital, organised a quicker transfer to Tunis airport at the end of the holiday than the one I'd booked and even brought a cash machine to the hotel so I could swipe my card and get hold of some much needed readies. I wrote to Sunshine singing his praises and letting them know he was a credit to the company but they didn't even acknowledge it.
LOL!

Lucky for you she had no money!

If she had got luggage and money she may not have worried too much about finding you!
Frank I think you are lying just to bull up the reps ! :really

for a start no woman would ever leave the money behind ! :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.