Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
thanks for the reply, that is what she's quoted.

A2B are a fair bit cheaper, although it's a shuttle, and we've used before on the Costas so I think it'll have to be A2B this time around.
has anyone used the public shuttle? The flight is booked through thomas cook and the transfer is with this shuttle. Is it like a bus? Where do you wait for it, going to alcudia. :que
just used shuttledirect again first time from parma thou and they were spot on from start to finish first cass

thanks the fatboy
We are going to Palma Airport 3rd September 2011, We are using a company called Urbis, anyone have any feedback or advice please.
Three companies jump out as most popular for transfers Janerbus - Galitrans - Resort hpper.

got quotes from all 3 for private transfers for 5 passengers @palma - santa ponsa; return in June.
Janerbus - 130 euros
Galitrans 146 Euros
Resort hopper - far too much private transfers but not bad if you want shared shuttles.

booked janerbus !
Those quotes are expensive. A taxi from the airport to Santa Ponsa is only around 40-50€ each way.
yes.but you cannot get 5 in a taxi can you.so it would mean getting two.
They do have larger taxis known as 'taxivans' which take up to 8 people, check out companies such as http://www.taxipmi.com
The cost is slightly higher around 60€ each way.
Janerbus is 130 euros return ie 65E each way for 5 people. works out 26 Euros a head return so reasonable id say. The large taxi for 5-8 is as you said £120 euros return so you could save 15E if you prefer taxi but I know jannerbus are reliable not sure taxis are???
I guess when you split the cost it doesn't seem so bad but I hope you realize that apart from saving a bit of money you will also miss out on the 150kph white knuckle ride around the 'Cintura' :)
Just returned from a fantastic 10 days in Cala D'Or and we used Galatrans for our transfers. 4 adults and 2 infants 230 euros return. Not cheap but great service, modern vehicles, good standard car seats and airport to hotel in 50 minutes. Would have no hesitation using them again.
Has anybody had a recent experience of using a shuttle service from the airport to Alcudia please, good or bad
While I'm waiting for a quote from Janerbus, anyone know the latest taxi prices from the Airport to Puerto Pollensa.
Palma Airport to Puerto Pollensa... 75 Euros.
shrimper wrote:
Has anybody had a recent experience of using a shuttle service from the airport to Alcudia please, good or bad

We have used Resorthoppa three times in Mallorca, once in Tenerife...

...all with no problems. Only negatives are you can wait up to one hour for the bus to leave the airport and then multiple stops before yours. However, 30 Pounds return for two people beats 130 Pounds for a taxi.
You can only specify a drop-off/pick-up from a registered hotel or tourist complex, no private addresses. We just select the nearest hotel.
Pollensa1946 wrote:
Palma Airport to Puerto Pollensa... 75 Euros.

Many thanks

Had a quote back for 77 Euros each way So not a lot in it
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.