Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Yep.....the strip area should suit you nicely. Lots of bars and things going on and you can always head along to the old town of Albufeira too.
Don't think you will be bored!!!!
Pat
:glynis
Tnx pat

But do you reckon early august is the right time to go
just been reading through other discussions and people where actually saying besides july and august it isnt that busy in albufeira

I also heard it actually peaks in august with the portugese holiday starting then

tnx in advance
August is the time the Portuguese come, so the resort is packed. But, how can I put this diplomatically, they are not renown for splashing the cash, so while you can't walk down the street for the crowds, a lot of bars are pretty quiet - a few I know actually close in August -and being school holidays it's very much a "family" month. I would suggest you come early September, which is always busy, everything is open and the weather is still (usually) great. :tup
go for it girl you will have a great time :hols :sun :glynis :swear
smiler 36
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.