Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Don't know about Bojangles but Danny's Lebanese restaurant is in a similar spot and he usually has a belly dancer in at the weekend (Fri & Sat). The show doesn't start till around 10pm so not recommended to go and eat before 9pm as most Cypriots eat quite late.

Try the Lebanese meze - it's quite fab and very different to Cyprus meze.

If you fancy something a bit different and very "local" I would recommend Kato Xorio. You will find it 2 streets back behind KFC or you can walk through the small road opposite the Apollonia Hotel and at the side of Incognito bar. Carry on past the Mexican and you will see a Chinese restaurant at ground level along to your right. Kato Xorio (Village underneath) is below the Chinese.

Inside, it looks like a village square with a large tree in the middle to the ceiling with the stars painted on the roof. There is a small terrace with tables and again, at the weekend there is usually some live bazouki music and singing. It's used mostly by the locals to celebrate birthdays or name days so nothing is contrived for the tourists. The singing and music starts late after all the tables have been served. Meze only available.
Thank you so much. That was really helpful.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.