Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I go shopping there once a week from Pafos, always glad to get home, Limassol is a working town and is spread over a good sized area, it has no real centre we find and shopping is a little stressful, it does have many fine restaurants and hundreds of bars stretched along it's beach area...

I am sure you will have a good time so don't worry!!!

Also Limassol is not that far from all the resorts and most are easily reached by hire car.
not been to limassol for a few years but it was always my favourite part of the island. the beach is ok(not as good as napa beaches).
the resort has built up a lot in recent years , but the old harbour area has plenty restaurants and bars, and the old town itself is at least a 3 day explore.
my favourite area is the yermasoya area about 3km from town centre, plenty of bars/restaurants etc. you should also go up into the hills to yermasoya village where there used to be the best meze restaurant(lefteris?) and an english pub called hunters lodge.
although the area can be lively it is not as mad as ayia napa, and not as "british" as protaras.
i'd choose limassol evey time.
Thanks jimd-f and jimbox.
I'll go with an open mind. I chose Limassol in the first place as we are hiring a car and thought it was pretty central for exploring the island. So if we don't like it, we'll be venturing out everyday.
Thanks loads,
Cazz.
Hi Cazz

I live in Erimi, just outside Limassol.

It's a great place - much more cosmopolitan that Paphos. There are some excellent beaches - particularly to the west. Curium beach just down the road from me is virtually deserted during the week. Just has three tavernas - no hotels - nice & quiet.

The main tourist areas are to the east of the town in Germasogia.

Regards,
Our first experience on Limassol was allocation on arrival and I really didn't to want to be going there but the rep said see how it goes and we will talk about it. We absolutely loved it!! We stayed at Eden Beach which is the side of the old town and really enjoyed mixing with the locals. OK the beaches arn't great but that didn't bother us. Make a trip to Heros Square where the prostitutes hang out. A real eye opener!!! Go into old Limassol and find lots of bars/restaurants where locals gather. Travelling aroung the island is easy from here as you are very central. If you are staying in the tourist area of Limassol it is quite a way out from the old town. Oh, and don't forget to visit the Keo factory. A wonderful morning out. Free entry and plenty of drink to be sampled. For anyone there in September the Wine Festival is also a must. Try George's restaurant on the side road from Eden Beach, doesn't look much but the food is good and reasonable. Wish I was there now!
100% try the Blue Island restaurant as well (it's well advertised). One of the best we have ever been to . Liked it so much on our honeymoon we went back 2 years later mainly because of it!
I loved Limassol it was the first place we stayed on the Cyprus Island. It also has a nice water park, we stayed at the Atlanica hotel and apartments. It is not as tacky as protaras and Ayia Napa, and has some lovely walks along the coast line, plenty of shops and good restaurants.

Enjoy :D
Ooh, Derwentrocker. That is the hotel we are staying in. Are they okay? and are you allowed to take inflatables in the pool as Tom has a large shark he would like to take?
we made a lunch stop at a place called "andrews palace" somewhere in Limasol didn't really rate the areas around there too much, but we were not really following anything like a map, merely following road signs to places that we thought might be worth looking at...
Cazz, you will have no problems with the pool. It is a really good size and has a great snack bar as well. For sure you will love the Atlantica.

Great thing about this hotel is, it also has an indoor pool which is too boring for the young ones, so if you want some peace you can make use of the kids club and go thru to the grass area beside the indoor and relaxzzzzzzzzzz.......

Cheers,
Jinty
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.