Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Like the previous correspondent I too have been going to Ibiza for many years an have always found time to have a few meals at The Asparagus . My favourite night is a Thursday for two reasons. First it's the lamb - it's wonderful - real melt in the mouth & secondly it's the flamenco dancer Laura - she's very very special.

The restaurant itself is set on the hillside with wonderful views over Calla LLonga and a wonderful Ibizenco smell of pines.

All the staff are very professional, courteous and speak pretty good English.

Luis like all head waiters can sometimes be busy but if you get the opportunity to talk to him he is a real genuine guy who has travelled the world and has a great knowledge of other cultures & their food, some of which he has incorporated in the Asparagus's menu.

The rest, Pedro behind the bar, Sandra & Mati are all gems & I'm looking forward to see them all again very soon.

Check the restaurant out I'm sure you will have an enjoyable evening - which is what is all about !!! :)
hi,thought it was about time that i added to the restaurant reviews as i have sampled several on the island,some of which were memorable due to the location and atmosphere not just the food.got back from a short break on june 5 th,and we ate out 3 of the 4 nights,and each lunchtime of course.the best meal that i enjoyed was the gallery restauraunt on restaurant street in santa eulalia,but it was our last night so we made it memorable,we were lucky enough to eat out on the street,it was a sunday night so not perhaps as busy as others,i had wanted to go to es rickshaw,but it was closed,and as we walked up and down to make our choice,it was the menu that seemed most appealing.i was in a party of 4 adults,and i cant quite remember what everyone had but i will do my best.i had bruchetta for starters crispy breads topped off with tomato on one,sauted mushroom on the second,toasted goats cheee on the third,and smoked salmon on the 4th,accompanied by salad and balsamic drizzle,it was very tasty and light which was what i wanted,2 people had the artists palate which consisted of mushrooms and many other delicious things that escape me at the moment(sorry)the mains were extensive,all beautifully described,3 of us ordered from the specials board and had fillet steak rossini,which consists of a toasted crouton topped with pate topped with the steak in a port sauce,this came accompanied by fresh veg,broccoli,mashed potatoes carrots,etc.all piping hot.the 4th person had the fillet steak in a stilton sauce thst wes excellent also.i couldnt manage a pudding,but three of them did,fresh strawberries and a chocolte ammareto thing,good coffe to follow then complimentary chilled port with bitsof cheese,then any drink we wanted on the house 3 large bailys and a tequila(oh ive forgotten we had 2 bottles of rioja and pre dinner drinks also)the bill was i think 160 euros - £109 thats £27 each i would call that very reasonable considering what we had.
just to add to the above the staff and service was excellent.
I've just returned from my yearly visit to Ibiza and have found a relatively new restaurant in Cala Llonga which is well worth a visit.

It is called Vela Blue and is run by a French family. The food is excellent and the setting is beautiful, as well as peaceful.

The website can be found here:

http://www.patiodelsol.net/bar.php?lg=en

And an objective opinion can be found on the "ibizaholidays" website here;

http://www.ibizaholidays.com/restaurant-patiodelsol/

Also, the Zebra restaurant is under new management, as Pepe the chef has taken over the lease and now runs the place as well as doing all of the cooking. The food is as good as ever, but the prices have gone down since he took over, which is a bonus.
Looking to have a birthday meal in a restaurant that is just that little bit special when we holiday in a couple of weeks, can anyone recommend somewhere memorable in Ibiza Town?

Thanks
If you are staying in Santa Eulalia it's worth finding the Bar El Falucho (just off the main square, near the "posh" department store)
3 course Menu del Dia (set menu) for 9 euros with bread and a drink thrown in. Choice of 3 different items for each course.
Doesnt do the menu in English but Juan (owner) will translate for you.
It's not for your "sausage egg n chips" brigade!!
Hope this helps
Sounds nice, thank you. I will look out for it next time I am over there.
If your going into Ibiza Town at night why not stroll along the harbour front right to the end and there you'll find a few "classy" restaurants like El Faro & Sausalito. Set in a semi circle and overlooking the port. Foods good but the view and ambience is better.
we had a lovely meal in restaurant dalt villa, (in the old town)in june,managed to get a table outside,didnt book,ate about 9,:) which is considered early in ibiza.walk into the old town up the slope and take a right,there are many good restaurants in a row,el olivio,and la olivia are excellent but usually fully booked. mo
La Oliva.. was without doubt the best meal we had on the island.
Very quaint and interesting watching people passing by.

Booking is essential.

x
Thai'd Up right at the end of the harbour and up the steps is superb. the best Thai food i've ever had, and they do a few normal meals too for scardy cats
Had a superb birthday meal at the La Ventana hotel in Dalt Vila a couple of weeks ago...

Great atmosphere in terrific setting, the meal was superb and the wine choice very nice.

Cannot fault the meal or the venue, one of the best meals we have had on any holiday over recent years. 10/10
Hi all
We are going to Es Cana in June, first time to Ibiza. Can anyone recommend good bars and restaurants here please?
Thank you
Dawnie-Rob
well done in choosing escana im sure you will love it.we like restaurant ill carretino sicilliana,the italian on the left hand side on the road up to the hippy market,also when we were there in october,we discovered a new restauraunt half way along the beach its half indoor and half outside,its very contempory,with good food and wine,tapas etc.las arenas is good also.there are loads more,its nice to walk along by the sea front and have a look and choose the ones you like the look of.
while on our hols in seaveiw country club at the above we found one very good restaurant of what we would call restaurant standard which we allmost found impossible to find where we stayed.
it is called boucala and you can even visit the web site http://www.boucala.com
it was nice and the service was great infact you were made welcome we made three visits to it during our stay
if you like fresh made food to english restaurant standard you really most give it a go mainly couples or mature families visit here no buggy brigate
it is really for the people with an educated palate not burger king or mac donald etc
if you should go the irish waitress called sonya and jose will make you welcome no matter how many times you visit
The Bistrot Cote Sud in St Eulalia is wonderful. It is opposite the Hotel Mediteraneo and set in a lovely garden. The food is excellent.
Our favourite restaurant is easily Palardi on Restaurant Street, Santa Eulalia.

A tex-mex offering each night, plus too many dishes to mention that fill your plate, look, smell and taste great - and the service is excellent.

Tasted chocolate soup for the first time there too....HIGHLY recommended!
For seafood try the Balansat restaurant in Puerto San Miguel.
It's a bit off the beaten track but well worth the visit. Used by a lot of the residents, it is situated right on the beach and is reputed to be the best sea food on the island.
The fillet steak ain't bad either.
Going to San Antonio Bay in a couple of weeks. We have booked half board and will probably take the AI drinks option :glynis . We like to eat out though so can anyone recommend a couple of nice restaurants. Thanks in advance.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.