Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi,

There are plenty of gorgeous restaurants in Calpe, but the only one that I can think of the name of at the moment is Porque No, a dutch restaurant on the Calle Jardin (underneath the Apollo 3 apartments if you know it)

Lovely steaks, fresh fish, all various types of meat. Sorry if this all sounds a bit vague, haven't been for 5 years ish, but its its still owned by the same people then you won't fail to have a nice meal there :)
There are also a few that ovelook the harbour and the beach, can't remember what they are called as it 's been 4 year since we last went, but there fish dishes are out of this world.
Thanks for those, will look them out.

Any more? :)
Not a restaurant as such, but Aladins pitta house made great foot (Pittas obviously :P ) Its just of the Gabriel De Miro near the seafront.(I think thats whats its called, the main road going up to the old town?)

Theres a few nice restaurants down by the Esmerelda Hotel as well, but can't for the life of me think what they're called. God I'm a lot of help :oops:
bump... 8)
EDIT: Percy ... please do not bump topics, we don't like bumping at Holidaytruths !!!
David HT Mod
Hi,
We went to a Lebanese restaurant near the centre of Calpe last year in a street just off the sea front with the great name of "Shadi" the food was typical middle eastern, very good and lots of it. If you have a car go the short distance to Moraira and eat at the "Axe Brasil" just off the Calle Doctor Calatayud. The place is owned by a Belgian guy, and their ribs in sweet chilli sauce are the biz, their aberdeen angus steaks are mouthwatering. All this talk of food is making me hungry, roll on the 18 weeks until we get back to Moraira, not that we're counting! If you go to the website http://www.info-teulada-moraira.com it'll give you links to the town map, lots of restaurants, and other great information. :D
Thank you, Polisian. Very much appreciated. :D
David - apologies. :oops:
Restaurant Name: Boomerang Steak House, Calpe
A nasty taste in my mouth after a pleasant evening.I live in Spain, my party of 4 visited Calpe for the Moors & Christians Fiestaafter which we wanted to eat, Cheap & CheerfulThe boards outside Boomerang Steak House advertised 9.95€ steaks and 7.95€ cod & chips, etc. Perfect we thought.Once inside the price immediately increased by 3 euros a head after 7.30pmSauce on your steak 1-3euros, extra, A carafe of poor quality wine from a plastic bottle (the carafe wasn't even full) 7.95eurosWe had Apple pie (3.95) and had to pay 95c extra each for the custard carajillo 3.25 euros Jacket potato instead of chips 1 euro surcharge.The food was acceptable nicely cooked but only small portions. steak included chips, no veg.The bill for 4 people 92.40 euros I know many quality restaurants that we could haveeaten at far cheaper. We feel upset and so ripped off.
I'm surprised they didn't charge for use of the cutlery
The chinese in calpe is superb food. walk from the front inland along the dry river bed and its on the corner of a junction about 150 metres inland. we went ther 4 times in 11 nights it was so good.
If steak or cooked meat is your thing the Calpe Steak House is difficult to beat and very popular.
German owner and run they cook the steaks on the grill at the front of the restaurant and all the meat is Argentinan and well aged.
They do various steaks, also goose, sucking pig and ribs.
Its best to book because it does get very busy even in the winter.
The service is very good by young attractive german girls and the tables are nicely dressed. Mainly German clientel but with a good proportion of Brits, people tend to dress quite smartly in the evening.
You can spend what you like, but we generally have the Black Angus special, that's a soup or prawn cocktail starter, salad bar, beautiful steak with chips or baked potato and a desert for about 12 euros. They dont have this offer at at weekends
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.