Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Right behind the Ebru heading towards the seafront is a little cafe called Jackies,it serves lovely brekkies and main meals in the evening. Right next door to Jackies is a little restaurant which serves only turkish food,it always looked busy to me but I was never brave enough to try it.Both places an be seen from the rear balcony of the Ebru.
I will be eating in Jackies next week when I get to Marmaris on the 7th july.If you head to the sea front and turn left there are an array of bars and restaurants all serving good food.

Only 6 days left to wait :D
Paul
Thanks "thewhartons", never been to Turkey before so i am looking forward to it, unfortunately not going till 13th August.

Any other suggestions ???
Mick, the Ebru is well located so you're going to be spoiled for choice really. However, some personal favourites nearby...when you get to the bottom of the steps at the Ebru turn right and then cross the road and head slightly left. You will see Tierna's Irish bar and you can get a good breakfast here and the evening meals are nice too with a Turkish selection as well. A good place of an evening for the singing, dancing and all round good craic. As thewhartons said if you head towards the beach and turn left there are loads of places along here and would suggest Natalies, Uno Momento and the Flaming Dragon/Honeymoon Beach (not sure what it's actually called as it seems to have more than one name, but really nice anyway) and also another one called either Oh Yes or Yes Sir. If you turn right at the jetty instead of left about three or four places along is Green Beach. Nice food here and waiters put on a stage show after 10pm. There are loads of other places though, and wherever you choose you're unlikely to get a bad meal.
Cheers Emre, its getting better all the time.
Will the Tierns'a Irish bar do a real Irish breakfast ??
that really would be quality !!
Yes Mick, you can get an Irish breakfast there.
the Ebru do full english breakfasts at reasonable prices and the chef will have a go at cooking you what you want. they did sunday lunches as well. mind you i have not been this year yet! the turkish restaurant behind the Ebru- the pool side is called Sofia and is much cheaper than places selling english food. many turkish people eat there.
Thanks sywilk, we are there on a b&b basis, but thought they only did continental breakfasts, and frankly that is never enough to fill me up.
Micko1962

Ill see you there, were going to the Ebru on the 13th August from Manchester on the 9:10 Thomas Cook flight :D

This will be out second time to Marmaris but the first to the Ebru, i have heard nothing but good reviews for this hotel and i love Marmaris so happy hols

Only six weeks left and counting :hyper
All the reviews sound to good to be true !!!!!

see you there in 6 weeks. :hyper
I know!!

I could beleive it when i read them it looks like we are in for one fantastic holiday.

ill be the one at the bar with cocktail in hand!! (Sorry to all the Turkey lovers but i dont like Effes!!)

:pele
i will look out for you, not a cocktail man myself, prefer a lager !!!!
I'll be with a group of 10, we will make our selves known.
I'm sure i wont miss a group of 10 :yikes

Ill be there with my partner, son and parents, us ladies like our cocktails but of course the men are larger drinkers !!

Im sure we'll end up having a drink with your group we like getting to know the other guest its all part of the hol :D

See you then

Stacey
Sure we will, have made some good freinds over the past few years on hols. I am going with my elder son, younger son and partner, sister and partner and a the others are friends.
Been to greek islands together last 3 years, and just fancied a change.
How old are your sons?

mine will be 10 when we go just wondered if they were around his age so he would have some kids to mix with?
They are 22 and 20, but big kids at heart thats for sure !!!!
But they will have fun around the pool with everyone, they are popular with the kids every year !!
So you cant be that old either then ??
No im a young whipper snapper at 26 so im not that much older than your sons!

My parents are more your age though 50 & 54 (not that you would know it sometimes, dads a big kid himself sometimes!)

But we all like a good drink and a laugh and am sure we will get on great.
Nice one, looking forward to it, this time 6 weeks we will be there, fingers crossed.
look forward to meeting you all. :ghug :glynis
See you in six weeks :fly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.