Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Shirley,

You MUST try I-95, it really is fantastic. Lovely setting, fantastic food and excellent service. It's a 5 min walk from the hotel.

Also within walking distance is:

Le Jardin - very good food and nice atmosphere
A Reverie - ( still good but standards have dropped since they moved location)

Bon Appetite, GFF xx
is emmas still going ? andy
Thanks Gff will try I 95 as heard good reports also Le Jardin, Andy Taz are you referring to Emma's kitchen ? if you are then yes it is although I have never been myself , last time we were over there we met a couple staying in Dona Terezhina and they had been to Emmas kitchen a few times and said the food was great, am I right in thinking it may be near the osbourne hotel?
yeah that's the one we ate at emma,s kitchen and really enjoyed it. also little italy was a good meal. you could also try maggies it is also in walking distance from the osbourne. andy
after 7 isnt too far away if you dont mind a walk, probably about 20-25 mins, the food is worth it though.

where is emma's kitchen? i was there last march and never saw or heard of it... going again for xmas and will give it a try...

phil.
of course... thanks andy,

i tended to go down the other path to the beach near the church so i only went down holiday street a couple of times... i will give them a try at xmas

any tips for where to have christmas dinner anyone?

phil.
Also in that area, if you fancy Indian food, is "Kebabs & Curries." :lol:

It's up the lane almost opposite Holiday Street.
Rice Bowl was pretty good.

Little Italy-great!!!!
moon ansnd stars

emma bril bokk 4 sunday lunch fab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! home my kid fussy speak to emma she alwaysadapt about 5 m walk from DT orosborne andalso greatypudd!!!!!!!!!!not cheapesat but fab wnt 5 times in2 wk
Shirley I forgot to tell you about ROMA, it's fantastic! Gorgeous italian food and the garden setting is lovely - unlike little italy they serve meat dishes. It's on holiday St just in front of little italy.....well worth the 10 min walk from Osborne.
GFF xx
maggie,s was always a good meal. and the place right at the end of the road on the beach. can, t remember the name, sure some of you will. also just outside the osbourne, a small bar called cool cats dose a great meal, not a lot of choice on the menu, but the food is spot on. one to go if you cant be bothered venturing out one night. andy
Golden Eye ? I'd like to add Kebabs and Curries - Naff name - excellent food and very nice ambiance - Try the basket of mixed breads Roti te Kokri (sp ?) to gop with your meal. Just past Daytrippers on the left
  • Edited by rakkor 2007-03-20 09:54:03
the road to beach holiday st the beach called golden eye beach but still part of calangute beach
Hi

Where is I-95, in relation to Osborne? We've been to St Anthony's a couple of times & that was ok & dead across from Osborne.

Thanks
AJ
Ameliajane,
Come out of the Osborne reception go down the little track that leads to the road where Kamat is. Turn left onto the Kamat road and go past the Moonshine Restaurant, keep walking to the junction where you'll see a massive Red sign for I-95. Take a right and I-95 is 50m on the left. It's about a 5-7 min walk from Osborne.
GFF xx
Hi GFF

Thanks for directions we found it ok, however, we went before it opened to check out the menu 1st (didn't realise it wasn't opened till 7pm) as we like to do this. Therewas no menu on display outside could you give me an idea on what they serve & cost is it similar to Bistro in Candolim eating there tonight (I know this sounds daft but I can't eat spicey food).

Thanks
AJ
Hi AJ,

Glad you found the place. I don't recall seeing anything spicy on the menu at all so you should be ok. They do great meat and fish dishes with lovely side dishes. They also have a grill section where you can choose any beef / chicken / fish and add a sauce plus your own choice of two sides.

It is quite expensive but well worth it. Some starters are as expensive as Rs350 and mains anything from Rs300 up to Rs1600 for the Salmon!!

GFF xx

ps it's a lot more exclusive than the Bistro thus reflected in the price.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.