Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Osborne hotel
74 Posts
Hi....osborne resort fine! stayed there twice. there are three different blocks ..we've stayed in two of them. taxi/tuk tuk ride into calangute but we prefer the beach area by the osborne. cross over the main road where st anthony's chapel in middle of road and go down the 'lane' to the left of resorte santa antonio......wind your way down there...stop off at alysanes for omelettes!!! yum!....pop out onto the beach! can recommend the first shack on the right as you hit the beach....should still be in same position! fishermans shack! excellent food...and they have a proper toilet at the back! mathias, tony, sylvester etc run it....cousin cosme and english girlfriend chloe run the shack next door...but check first at fishermans.

osbourne pretty central....we prefer it than being right in calangute itself. places to eat? try stone house at candolim....indian impact in baga. trips.....try eddie and enid at daytrippers http://www.daytrippergoa.com come out of osboure resort onto main road....turn left and up there on the right....or just grab a tuk tuk to take you there!

enjoy!!
we sayed there in oct last year and l;oved it
rooms really clean,staff so very friendly ,food good,
would go back there again
xxx
hi mate i stayed in the osbourne ths christmas and new year and i must say it was great it is definately a clean hotel clean sheets and towels everyday and the minibars great i think one night me n my girlfiend nearly emptied it and it only cost about 3 quid to fill it back up if you get a room with air con the hotel will charge you an extra 52 quid for a fortnight but we rarely had it on as the room has a ceiling fan anyway but as you are going in march it does tend to get a lot warmer some rooms are better than others but if u just go to reception they will move you :lol:
Thanks guys.

Is there much to do in the evenings around there or in the area.
Also - are there any jet skis for water sports nearby?

Thanks for all your help.
theres plenty of bars to go to in the evening,and the hotel has entertainment on sometimes
there are jet skis and paragl;iding on candalin beach which are very cheap and always ghood fun
xxxx
when do u go
3 March and can't wait. First time to Goa :D
yeah mate theres lots to do when you are there get a taxi to the midas touch wich is about ten mins away from the osbourne bout twenty pence in a taxi it does very nice food there also the after eight aswell which is just round the corner i could go on forever :lol: also club cubana the nightclub in the hills it costs 600 rupees to get in and all the drinks are free all night and women get in for nothing on a wednesday top place and a brilliant view :lol:
can anybody help me im trying to find the email address for the osborne resort in calengute :lol:
Working on it Jimbob!! Phone number?
Osborne Holiday Resort, Gauravaddo (Tel. 276714)

Will carry on searching...if its for next year ...when I get out there within next few weeks..HOPEFULLY!....I'll call in and get it for you! :D
is the one.

osborne@goatelecom.com
Not sure if this one still valid Davcam! I already found the same email address before I got the phone number....on Virtual Tourist...but they replied on there that it was no longer being used. I've used this email address and written to see if it is. Awaiting reply! The phone number has come up a few times though...so reckon that is correct, Will keep you both informed! :D
I mailed the Osborne in December and they replied, so try this.

osborne@sancharnet.in
I did this one too yesterday....still waiting reply!!! :D :D Fingers crossed! When I booked my holiday yesterday, while I was on phone I asked the girl if she knew their email address (I'd already sent email of to this one...just checking if there was any more!!). She told me that Osborne had been warned that if they keep taking private bookings then the holiday companies would drop them from their books. Don't know whether there is any truth in this though!

First one I tried ...osborne@goatelecom.com came back from Postmaster as message failure.
goatelecom was taken over last year by sanchernet, so any email address that ended goatelecom.in has now changed to sancharnet.in :D
hi guys....new to this site and just to say what a great site it is as well..got loads of info from all your posts.thanx
regarding the osbourne,thinking of going there in march but looking on the net i've come across hotel osbourne and osbourne phase one..is this still in the same place and is there a difference between the 2???one tour operater says you can use 2 pools but not the 3rd and bar??any help would be great
thanx
robbie
hi there
we stayed at the osbourne jan 2004 & found it fine. it is basic as a lot of accomodation in goa but its in a great location near loads of shops resteraunts & bars. but when we first arrived we were shown to a ground floor room (1st on left of phase 2) that was the pits, tiny,smelly & very noisy there was some sort of office next door & the bathroom was the size of a stamp. my husb kicked up a fuss & we were told we were only put there till our room was ready..........hmmmm they didnt tell us that when we arrived!!!!!!! i think they try to put tourists in that room & if they dont complain leave them there so DONT accept it if you end up there. the rest of the rooms in phase 2 were clean & huge - we had a separate living room & 2 balconys as did the other folk in our party. beach a pleasant 10 min walk away. , the osbourne has 3 blocks all with a pool. phase 1&3 have bars. we could use all 3 pools & both bars. but i think depending on package bookings some of the blocks rooms (esp phase 2 which have a kitchen - with a padlock so we couldnt actually get in) are let out to local goans so maybe this is why sometimes tourists cant use all 3 pools. we never bothered with any pools anyway - much nicer to park on the beach in a shack. ( we headed for the candolim end & floyds shack lovely!!!)
we found the majority of the staff at the osb brilliant only exceptions being the reception mob- but this may have had something to do with my husb losing it with them when we were shown our initial room ( we had to wait hours till we were moved, not good as we'd driven up to manchester from london - leaving at 3am before flying out around lunchtime so were KNACKERED & rather grumpy when we finally got to goa)

one other point i would mention is please be careful with your valuables in the safe deposit box area of the hotel, a fellow tourist had all her stuff stolen whilst we were there - she thought she hadnt closed her padlock properly & the reception staff didnt monitor who came & went in the room at all. personally id put a second padlock on the safe just to be extra careful.
anyway were off to goa again at the end of feb (havent booked yet)- but would go back to the osbourne in a minute if its avail. just dont expect 'posh' cos its not that but has all you need.
enjoy
I've been to Calangute twice, second visit - stayed at the Osborne - so impressed going again on 26th February - so I will see you there! Beaches brilliant, food brilliant as long as you like fish and/or curry, people fantastic - and the best bit - you just can't spend your money - covert £100 into rupees - and you won't be able to close your wallet!
We have stayed at the Osborne 3 times over Xmas and New Year and always had a room in the main complex. We didn't go in 2004 as I wanted to try somewhere different but the previous Xmas we stayed for 3 weeks and I found that it was a case of familiarity breeds contempt. Despite booking 11 months in advance getting my taxi driver to pick us up at the airport to beat the tour bus we were still saddled with one of their 'bad'rooms. The staff (waiting staff, room boys, security etc) are great people but the reception staff are very unco-operative. Just insist on a 'pool view' room to make sure you don't get stuck in one at the back. This is a typical Goan hotel and is probably one of the 'better'ones. Just go with the flow and enjoy yourselves. If you want a decent breakfast or a late drink pop into Zico's just by the Osborne. Run by a superb Goan family you will get good food, a warm welcome and be on first name terms from the moment you walk in. Also if you don't want to change your money in the hotel try Julie's (again by the Osborne). You can call home from there as well and believe me it's very cheap and will cost you exactly the same to call a mobile as a land line. I will be returning this Christmas but must admit to going to another hotel.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.