Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
osbourne
74 Posts
...and in the meantime, keep asking away here :D
Thanks Fiona, hope you dont get sick of me between now and January, have been recommending the site to everybody
glad to hear it- the more the merrier :lol:
Have looked at johnthemap and cant see the osborne on it, can you give me an idea of where I will be and also where to go for breakfast as we arrive earlyish
Hi,

the Osborne is down the side road opposite Newton's Arcade (supermarket) just past St Anthony's chapel. Go down the road and turn left. There is a little 'shack' outside the hotel where you can get breakfast, but also a bakers near to the main road. A word of advice; I'd personally go past the taxi drivers who are right outside the hotel and use the group parked at the main road (there's a list of taxi prices at reception, so you know how much to bargain for). We were hassled non stop for 2 weeks by a very persistent driver 'Greg' who tried to get us to hire a boat for him to go fishing, take us to showrooms so he could 'win money' and take us the long way everywhere, until we learnt fast and cottoned on :wink:

Helen
Thanks for the info, hope we meet some of you goa lovers while we are there, we fly out from manchester 12 January for two weeks
Does anyone know if there is internet access in the Osborne hotel as we're hoping to take a laptop? Or is there a cafe close by?
Any info really appreciated. :thanks :sun
There's a Siffy internet cafe about five minutes walk away that has broadband and is very cheap and is opened from very early till very late so I would think it would'nt be worth the hassle of taking a laptop to the Osborne, as they dont as far as I know have that facility, Alan
The internet cafes only charge about 50p an hour, very cheap and there is an abundance of them :D
Thanx for the replies. Taking the laptop to do other stuff, so was just interested if they had an internet connection available in the rooms. 1st time to Goa so no idea what the rooms are like. Do they have a TV in the room? I'm OK with sunbathing & reading a book but hubby doesn't like to stay in the sun long & gets bored, so I've got to find him something to do! Going on December 3rd. I'm getting :hyper :pele :yipee really excited.
Look for the Ben and Jerrys Ice Cream parlour across the main road and the cafe is there, part of the same building. It gets very busy but it is cheap with high speed access too!!
To avoid confusion, its "Baskin Robbin" icecream parlour Alan
and lovely icecreams too :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.