Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Osborne hotel
74 Posts
Got back Saturday from two weeks at Osborne, second time and still as good as before. Location great, between Calangute & Candolim which are both walkable or cheap Taxi/Tuk-Tuk ride. Accomodation is clean & reasonably spacious, stay in phase 2 if you can. Staff are really great, say hello to Erik & Caji who run the phase 2 bar. Beach is 15 minute walk or again cheap taxi/tuk-tuk. Food is ok, only ate there once as there are so many excellent restaurants nearby. Enjoy :D :D
What are the age ranges in this hotel?
Any twenty something single females??? :D :wink:
What is the age range of people in Goa. Are there many mid twenties people. From what I can see it mostly seems to be middle aged people? :?
People of all ages XP

Single female twenty somethings included...

quite a few Russians when iwas there back in November
:twisted: it was my second time in goa just got back on the 25th i was there for 3 weeks back in the osborne for the second time! there are three hotels called osbourne phase 1 2 & 3 and you can go to them all its a great place to go and all the staff where great 8) i would reccomend this place to anybody
First trip to Goa for us, just kind of booked on the spur of the moment have found a lot of useful information on this site (which I have only just found) so has anyone stayed at the Osbourne and any info for first time to Goa people would be welcome we are in the forty age group.
Hi Juderamm

We stayed at the Osbourne a couple of years ago and wouldnt have a problem staying there again, we always call in during our holiday for a drink and see the barman etc the staff are very friendly and would do anything for you. Im sure you have read on here that the standard of hotels isnt like anywhere else you will have stayed, but after the inital cultural shock you will have a brill time. When you check in ask if you can stay in Osbourne 2 which we thought was the best of the 3 accommodation blocks it has the main bar, dining area and where the entertainment is.

Hope this helps

Enjoy
hi if you do a search on this forum (just type 'osbourne' as a keyword you'll find earlier threads & info on this hotel, ive also sent you a pm on the osbourne :D
Hi
We've spent 3 Xmas holidays at the Osbourne. Like the other post said try to get allocated in Phase 2 but get yourselves a room overlooking the pool not one overlooking the back. The staff, apart from reception, are brilliant. Food is OK we had the gala meals Xmas and New Year but must admit that on our 3rd visit we opted to join in the festivities over the road at Zico's which is a small family run establishment and you cannot visit the Osbourne without going over there and sampling some of 'Mum's cooking. I also used to change my money over the road at the little shop next door to Zico's which was run by a lovely lady called Julie. We are going again this year but have decided to try the other end of Calangute and will be at the Santiago but I know that we will visit the Osbourne some time during the holiday to say hello to all the staff and of course our many friends in that area. Enjoy :D
yep stayed in the osborne at christmas and it was fantastic..in fact we have booked to go again in nov id definately book a room overlooking the pool im sure we was in phase 2 as we looked around i think this phase was the best the staff are brill and made some good friends there :lol:the room was cleaned every day with clean sheets and the mini bar is great probobly cost around a fiver to empty it :lol:
oooh thanks i wish we were going now but sounds like it will be worth the wait :lol:
hi
i stayed at osborne last month in phase 2,it was great, very basic rooms and hard beds but thats goa! It was very clean and the staff are lovely, food from the menu was lovely but the gala dinners werent that good.We will be booking for 3 weeks in feb 2006.
netty
We stayed at the Osbourne 3 years ago in Phase 2 - we booked a last minute deal and it was £350 each for a fortnight - we thought this was too good to be true - after the initial shock of the basic rooms we ended up loving this hotel, it was spotlessly clean, the hotel staff were fantastic.

The guys on reception were miserable gits though, and were always shortchanging us a few Rupees when we changed money up so at the end of the holiday when we were changing our last bit of money up my hubbie made the male receptionist give him an extra 60 Rupees for all the ones he had shortchanged us during our stay. It didn't go down very well but hubbie had kept a note of how much it was. And it was roughly only a £1 but its the principal - imagine how much money they guy was making if he did that to everyone!

Anyway apart from that - we are planning on going back to Goa in Feb 06 and I will be looking out to stay at the Osbourne if the price is right!
Oh and I forgot to say - the Chickpea Dahl at the Osbourne is to die for! :wink:
Going in March for my 7th trip to Goa.Iwill be staying at the Osbourne for the first time and was wondering if they have safe deposit boxes for hire :wink:
yeh they have boxes in a room in the reception
Been last two years to Osborne and going again in Feb (cant wait), and can confirm that there are safe depost boxes available.

They are in an area within the reception, and are similar to school lockers with padlocks. Heard some reports of money and other items going missing, but never personally had any problems.

Some people take there own padlocks to use, which may be an idea for more security & peace of mind.

PM me if you want any other info about the Osborne.
Stayed at the Osbourne twice and had no problems with the boxes When you got one they sold you a brand new hefty padlock and key still in its box which was yours to keep(iv'e still got mine) The reception was always manned so I felt my stuff was pretty secure and did'nt here of any problems during our stays Alan
when i was there in january they had a 1 in 1 out system going in the safe deposit room. you would sign in the time you entered no one allowed in while you were in the room then sign out when leaving.
andy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.