Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Marinetraffic.com only shows one ferry from Rethymnon (to Piraeus) but I don't know how accurate this is.
They do advertise trips from Reth. to santorini but don't know the details.
thanks for that ill see when i get there not long anyhow :tup
The only ferry to Santorini from Crete goes from Heraklion.
jean58 wrote:
Hi all going to Rethymnon on tuesday does anyone know if there is a ferry to santorini and how long does it take we are staying at the Ideon hotel also any nice villages nearby have ben to crete before but not to this area any info greatly appreciated :)

Hi Jean58,

I stayed at the Ideon hotel on my first trip to Crete, my mum & dad had been a few times before and couldn't give it enough praise.

I had mixed views on the hotel and the pool was cloudy for some reason??? but the location is fantastic!

I don't know if you've been yet but if not, be sure to visit the Fortezza and the local shops around the back of the hotel!

One word of advice - Don't get fooled into the 'you've won a scratch-card prize" from the touting reps, you are asked to go to a place in Platines for a small presentation and this pretty much takes up your whole day - it's also very 'hard sell' tactics. We went and hugely regretted it...

[edit] just re-read and noticed it said 'going on Tuesday' lol - hope you had a great time :)
hi sunseeker 2011 just got back had fab time got room at ideon no view but they changed room next day pool view didnt go to Santorini but used local bus to different areas thanks for the info :tup
Stayed in Reythmnon in 2005
At that time there were day trips offered to Santorini by ferry from Reythmnon port.
It took quite a long time on the ferry but was a great day out.
We saw a high speed catamaran also operating but we were told that wasn't offered because, at that time, it didn't meet UK safety requirements.

I notice that the Thomson Excursion website is now offering a day trip on a "fast cat" but it does look expensive!
:) didnt go to santorini too busy discovering the west of the island used public bus which was about 15min walk from Ideon hotel inexpensive travel and plenty of routes prices to santorini was about 130 euro maybe we will go next time
I always use the website openseas.gr which shows every ferry connection in Greece!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.