Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
REUS AIRPORT
41 Posts
Thanks, I thought they would have sorted this by now. This happened last October and the Ryanair crew did inform the airport about it. I think I might e-mail Ryanair and ask them to check up on it.
Hi all
I am going on holiday on the 18th October and flying to Reus, can anyone tell me what the airport is like, is it easy to go through?

Dawnie-Rob :)
Hi Ya ,

Reus is very easy you go through an arrivals building to your right on landing, and through the main building on leaving. There is a small duty free section and cafeteria , it is a very small airport but as usually only one plane at a time comes and go's very comfortable, I did notice that some people had problems with overweight luggage and had to repack but that was with Ryanair, with whom I have travelled to Reus several times. Transport to Salou is good there is a bus that meets each flight and taxis are readily available, you can be in your hotel within half an hour of landing.

Dave :wave:
Well I can only speak as I found and arrivals wasn't too bad but departures was basic to say the least.
Being such a popular destination for Salou etc. I was expecting much better.
So don't expect the Ritz!!! ;)
A new departure lounge has recently opened at Reus, its still a small airport with only a cafe & duty free shop but the new departure lounge is more than large enough to cope with the amount of traffic. Its a nice little airport and its pretty much impossible to get lost. Its nothing like the size of Alicante, Malaga, Tenerife, Palma etc.

Also as the number of flights is relatively small its very rare to have air traffic control delays.

I note from your previous post you are a single traveller and Reus is perfect for a single person who is unfamiliar with the airport, it would probably only take 3 minutes to walk from one end to the other.

Mark :tup
a transport cafe on a runway :rofl :rofl :rofl ,it was very smoky in 2005 when we were there,this shouldnt be an issue now with the smoking ban.
Everybody is being so kind. Departures is a dump. :( There was a whole bank of seats there that were dangerous, literally falling apart and would have been removed from a UK airport (and probably many other country's airports) by H&S people. This was last year so hopefully it will have had a much needed refurb. As for the loos well.............
The departure lounge is a completely different building to last year. Once you've checked in (still the old airport) you walk through to the brand new bit, no broken seats etc.

Mark
Mark757 wrote:
The departure lounge is a completely different building to last year. Once you've checked in (still the old airport) you walk through to the brand new bit, no broken seats etc.

Mark

Phew thats a relief. When i was there last year one bank of seats looked like they had been exposed to pub chucking out time on a Saturday night. In all my years of travelling I was gobsmacked by it.

Great for people who are travelling there now though. :tup
Is Reus still a military airport?

I know it used to be but wasn't sure whether or not they still used it
Hi

We're due to fly to Salou for a week - mid July - and we're flying to/from Reus Airport. Does anyone know what facilities are available at the airport - duty free, etc. Usually leave my perfume and booze shopping until on the way home, but have heard that Reus Airport is really small and so should get what I want before leaving.

Thanks
Debs

:cheers
Hi,

As per a previous reply, there is now a new departure lounge built to the left of the original building. Last year we still checked in at the old building but then walked to the new one. It does have a decent sized duty free and a new cafe area but we didnt get a chance to look properly as our flight was called the minute we walked through. Everything is now air condtioned and it is quite large for the number of flights that do go through Reus. Im going again in Aug so will have another look then.

Rob
The check in area at Reus is now also brand new, there is still work going on as you pass security on your way to the departure lounge but its now quite a spacious airport. Facilities are still limited with a cafe and fairly large duty free style shop in the departure lounge and a cafe & sweet shop in the check-in area. Its a pleasant airport to use and is bigger but still quick and easy to get around.
I hope this does'nt sound a sily question.............we are taking our Grandson to the Hotel Donaire Beach in October. It will be his first 'real' holiday abroad (he was a tiny baby last time) and I was wondering if, when you come home ,do you get the bus to the aircraft or do you walk through the 'tunnel' and straight on the plane as you do at Gatwick ???. I would love him to see the aircraft from the ground and walk up the stairs to the plane. Silly, I know, but I think it would be a great experience for him. Thanks :)
when we went 2 years ago we walked off the plane and back out to the plane
i dont know if its the same with all flights we was with ryanair. hope this helps :cheers
I believe the airport has had a "makeover" since I was last there, but you may find that you still have to walk from the aircraft to the terminal building and vice versa. - It's not a big airport .

If there are more aircraft on the ground it should suit your grandson as it's probably as close as you can get.
:tup
:wave: hi the last five years we've been there you land walk down the stairs at the plane and a bus waits on you. then coming back you walk to the plane and walk up the stairs to the plane, so your grandson will love it!! :tup and you can see planes land from the terminal cos your'e only through a set of double doors looking onto the runway
Thanks everyone for your replies.
Been trying to explain it to him but it's not the same as experiencing it yourself.
Dragging up a bit of an old thread here but for those who have used Reus Airport in years gone by, you may not recognise it from how it was! This is the check-in area which opened in 2009

These photo's was found on the photo sharing website Flickr:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/minhmit/3757041847/sizes/o/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34888436@N02/3864784711/sizes/l/

I can't find any of the new departure lounge.

It will never be Malaga airport although I'm sure those who remember the old check-in area will agree its a big improvement, much more spacious.

Mark :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.