Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
REUS AIRPORT
41 Posts
I can confirm that a new shed has been opened at Reus, you will go through there on your arrival, but will go through the old building on your return. That's tonque in cheek I love the place really.
Many thanks, I love it too, it's my gateway to 10 days of bliss!!!!
hello i am flying into reus 28/4 at 5pm -i am looking to get to salou -cheapest i found is resorthopper shuttle 20 euro rtn -is there a bus that goes from airport to salou around this time -seems the bus only has 4 departure times -not near when i need thanks . steve
How many of you arriving 28/4 a taxi only costs 25euros to Salou and although I am not certain I think that the Plana Bus meets each arrival flight.
cheers 4 reply -only 2 of us i was hoping a bus would meet arriving flights -i am coming in on ryanair
There is a bus (Plana)that meets each Ryanair flight and will drop you off and pick you up from your hotel for € 10-50 return.
Have been over twice in the last month and used it on both occassions.
More on airport transfers in THIS topic.

David :wave
Hi,

Does anyone know if you can get duty free ciggies on Ryanair flights to Reus or whether you can get duty free at Reus airport on the way home and if so any costs for 200L&B?? Not for me but mum has made me a deal to apy for my hol if I fetch her the legal limit of ciggies back.... but just a little worried that I'll struggle to buy them from anywhere??

Many Thanks :lol:
you are in the EEC there is NO duty free.. only duty payed...dont forget the Spanish have restrictions on how many you can take out of the country.

the airport had a snack bar, did not look for shops (got ours in the resort)
the whole airport is NO SMOKING once you enter the terminal from the car park

wizard
we found the cheapest place to buy ciggies was in the tabac shop on the main strip of road in salou, cheaper than the airport.
can anyone tell me how far it is from getting off plane to getting cases. hubby got walking difficulties and need to know if to order a wheel chair
Hi,

It depends where your plane stops, ours was milles away from the arrivals terminal so I'd be safe and order a wheelchair, just incase. Thanks
We have heard a rumour that the checking desks at Reus airport will charge excess baggage even if you are 1kg over and that they are making a lot of money because they are not a busy airport like Stansted, therefore can take there time checking your baggage. Is there any truth in this.
I've merged your post with an existing Reus airport topic :wink:

If you'd like specific information regarding Ryanair, you'll find a dedicated topic HERE.

Pippy :D
Hi,
A couple who were in front of us checking their bags had to pay 7 euros for each 1kg they were over so they had a big bill. thought it was a bit unfair really because there were at least 15 empty seats on our return flight so there wasnt really the need to be that strict with them
Hi
Our check in was real slow but we didn't get charged for our cases, each 1 kilo over. Maybe it depends on how many cases are overweight - if there are loads of heavy cases they may be more likely to charge people.
Our rep last year told us they get commission for chaging extra for heavy cases.
Hi, I was wondering if anyone with children can confirm whether or not they are loading families with kids first or is it a mad rush for seats. Last year they said families first but then let everone through. Everybody just ran across to the plane, and I ended up sitting at the back of the plane while my two kids 6 and 8 were near the front with a family we had ony just met at the airport. This concerns me as my little one wears hearing aids and gets a bit scared if not with me.
Who are you flying with Ryanair? :roll:

Tell them about your kids and their hearing aids I am sure that they will look after you, it's diabolical if they don't. be positive and get to the front of the queue early and speak to the flight attendant making the annoucements, they are there before calling. I just hope everything goes well for you.

Good luck have a grand time.

Dave. :lol:
we flew with ryanair and had kids with us, they let families on first on the way out, Dublin. On the return, Treviso airport, they then called all families to the front and let them through only for everyone to be loaded on to buses to be transferred to the plane. As a result there was a mad scramble for seats which was silly as there were at least 20 empty seats :P
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.