Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
mimi if you have an hour to spare i sujest you go to the greece forum and read the threads on the Kos and the Kefalonia ABC . Rhodes ABC is not due to be finished till summer 2007

wizard
  • Edited by Wizard 2006-05-01 10:16:28
Hee! Hee! Good advice Wizard.

If after you have read all that you are still keen, you will find these properties are first choice exclusives, so you will find them in the FC brochure/web-site but they will also be in the eclipse brochure/web-site and generally speaking you should get a better price from eclipse, (but do check both to be on the safe side).
dam i guess i jumped in feet first! i booked the Rhodes abc today, got a very good price with eclipse...then saw this! Mindst you, had the same problem with the holiday village in majorca last year, and when we got there, everything was great! fingers crossed eh! :?
I can understand why you booked, especially if you got a good price. From what FC puts in their brochures they look great and I keep looking at them for myself, with 2 teenagers to entertain they seem ideal, and Rhodes is a really nice Island (went there years ago!).

The one in Kos is opening soon and you will be able to read all the feedback and any reviews people put up. Hope it works out and that this isn't the start of a very long thread. :shock:
I too have booked Rhodes ABC for next July however FC and Eclipse have now taken this hotel 'off sale'. Even though it is still on the website if you try to dummy book it will come up at the end saying they are experiencing technical difficulties and to ring them. i rang them and they said the hotel was not on sale due to building problems. This is also the situation for the new Crete ABC.
oh dam! that doesnt look good then does it! when did you book for?
Meant to be going 18th July for two weeks. If you notice on the FC website from the first page click the 'familes' picture and the Aqua Beach Clubs advert comes up last week it said there were six locations, corfu, turkey, Kefalonia, Kos, Crete and Rhodes, now theres only 3. Looks like FC strike again.
were booked for the 18th july for 2 weeks as well, but after watching the holiday hit squad, i really cant see it happening, unless FC pull their finger out to try and save their reputation! Are you just going to wait and see what happens then?
After watching Hit Squad I really am more concerned with this years fiasco due to go to KABC 19th July looking for alternatives I dont think it will be ready do you?.
:whoops Really sorry!! Didnt realise that you were booked to go to the KABC this year!!!! I really hope they sort something out for you!
also booked for summer 07. has any heard why its been taken off sale forthe second time ??? :?
If its been taken off sale again, I would imagine its after the kafuffle with the KABC this year! Maybe they cant risk their reputation going down any more that it already has done!!!!!
According to FC this hotel and the Crete ABC have been taken off sale for the moment whilst they negotiate with the contractors. They said they have been let down by the contractors this year 9thats an understatement!!!)with the other three sites and do not want to find themselves in the same position with these two. The girl I spoke to reckons there is a meeting to finalise stuff with the contractors in the next three weeks so I guess we will just have to sit tight.
scoobydoo... many thanks for that info as i haven,t been able to find anythindg else out about next summer and the aqua beach clubs.... Has anyone else booked for summer 07 ???
lol havent posted for a while, but got a letter this morning saying that our holiday to the rhodes aqua beach club has been cancelled for next year! spoke to first choice and they said that all the aqua beach clubs have been cancelled!!!!
Hi. Yes i too received a phone call last week informing us officially that Rhodes and indeed none of the Aqua Beach Clubs were going to open. No surprises though we knew it was going to happen. We have now changed to Holiday Village Turkey.
me too. after reading all the trouble this year with KABC changed my booking in June , also to holiday village Turkey. Looks like the reviews are good for this year,and being built can only be a bonus !
We went to Holiday Village Turkey last year and had a fantastic time. The only downside we felt was that the complex was too big as the pegasus palace and tropical are on the same site so 1000 rooms in total. However this is now being split for next year, Holiday Village Turkey replaces the Pegasus Palace which will be more for families with all the kids clubs and stuff and Iberostar Hotel Tropical replaces the pegasus tropical which is will now be geared more to adults. I believe they are to be quite seperate so no use of the others facilities. This will be a great improvement I think hence the reason we cant wait to go back now. Agi when do you go ?
well i took so much time finding the perfect holiday, for it to be cancelled, and somehow i cant seem to find anything that looks as good as the abc! i did look at the holiday village in turkey, but wasnt sure about some of the reviews etc...re food....ive got 2 VERY fussy kids and an as equally fussy husband! HELP?????????
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.