Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
The beach in Rhodes town is a bit of a nightmare...thousands and thousands of parasolls stacked onto a pebbled beach with quite strong winds. The strong winds are quite welcome though, as the city center gets really hot. A good tip is to hang up a loud beachtowel or something before you go swimming, or you might find yourself walking for ever trying to find back your seats. If you want a less crowded, sandy beach you'll be better off going a bit out of town. Didn't see any mad beach parties when I was there, the greek authorities have put on a lot of restrictions since the infamous "rep scandals" in Faliraki, but am sure there will still be something going on :-) If you want some culture added to your experience, hire a car or jump on the bus to Lindos (bus time approx 1 hour) which is absolutely stunning and has a couple of good beaches and decent bars as well. Try the coctails in Lindos by Night - best ones on the island. The old town in Rhodes is quite nice as well. And you'll find plenty of good bars down the bar street a bit further up. Good luck!
Beach Parties do happen on the island but it's just a matter of luck and keeping your ear to the ground if there's one while you're there. One year there was a HUGE rave style party at Kalithea. Fantastic night and not one my friend will forget in a hurry either - she got home, decided to cook and was so :swear she set her apartment on fire!!
Hi all,

Anyone gonna be in Faliraki on the 24th of July?

Tiesto is playing at Millenium, best to prebook tickets, there will be around 16.000 going on sale!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.