Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
We are travelling on april 9th. We would welcome any advice regarding the hotel or the resort. Also does anyone know what weather we can expect?
hi everyone can tell me about rui el kelbir hotel in hammemet going in july :shock: [/b]
hi 'porkies2' i'm goin to that hotel at the end of july. if you search it on google a lot of useful links come up. u can view a video for this hotel if u click on this link... http://easylink.playstream.com/tuiuk/asset/v00/270/791.wvx
(based on broadband connection) i hav read several reviews and everybody seems to think the hotel is good :) i hope this helps
u can only become a member of this website if you're over 18. thats not v gd is it? :roll:
Got back monday morning
This hotel is great. the rooms are lovely with ample wardrobe space. Everywhere is spotless. The staff can't do enough for you. the food is fine plenty of choice the english breakfast was not the greatest but edible. pancakes were to die for. The manager was walking around making checks and always pleasant. The beach was beautiful with attendants who get your sun lounger and cushion for you, towels are collected from the reception. Thomson rep is based in the hotel, Mat he has only been there about a month but doing ok. The evening entertainment began with mini disco at about 8.30 then there was a lull til 10.00 when there was a show. The belly dancing was a joke, as was tutti fruity, the jazz and irish shows were great. We went for a week and wished we had stayed for two. a good walk to town and it was a bit daunting in the medina. the Tunisian shop keepers were pushy. You would probably buy more if they left you alone. Very cheap 2 dinar (80p) in taxi to town. Some nice shoe shops in town.
we are thinking of booking this hotel for the summer and was wondering if anyone could answer my questions:
1. do couples have to share tables with other couples as it says in some reviews about other riu hotels?
2. can anyone suggest a room to request that is fairly quiet, on our last holiday we could hear the discos from our room.
3. What is the gym like? is it included?
We were at the El Kebir in November and we didnt see anyone sharing tables with anyone else although the tables were very close together.
Cant help regarding the gym,although im sure it was free to use( a gym is far to energetic for a relaxing holiday lol)
Cant see any room being a real problem noise wise as the there was no noisy discos while we were there just a one for the kids early evening and entertainment in the theatre from about 9pm but wasnt overly noisy at all.
We had a room on the side of the building with side sea view and had no noise at all but cant remember the room number(old age setting in).
Great hotel,spotlessly clean,wonderful and varied choices of food,plenty of daily entertainment for all ages and we would definetly go back without any hesitation.
thanks for that.
jsut one more Q
can you choose which sitting you go to for supper? :roll:
Yes you can,on your first night just go down either for the early setting(6-7.30pm) or later setting (8-9.30pm) and they will allocate you a table to use for that setting for every evening of your stay.
Hi, Can anyone tell me if the bar times are restricted i.e shut at 11pm. Do you always have to eat at the same time?
Cant remember off hand what times the bars shut.Breakfast and lunch can be eaten anytime withintheir set meal times,evening meal there are 2 sittings and you can choose which one you want and will stick to that for the rest of the holiday.When you decide what sitting you wany on your first night they will allocate you a table and you will use that for every evening meal.
going on nov 4th
is there a library at hotel also do the sunbeds have cushions
thanks
Hi - anything to do within walking distance of this hotel, and is the area safe to go out and about walking? Walks. attractions, bars, restaurants etc.
Hi vicco ...while you wait for some feedback here, you may find some useful info on our reviews page for the hotel ...please click here.

David :wave
7 more sleeps until we go! Hoping the weather stays fine but if not we'll still make the most of our time away and relax.Its my birthday while we are there i feel a spa coming on... :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.