Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
hi

we have done this trip twice first time was with kuoni i thought this was the best the other one was through a local company

with kuoni lunch was included we traveled up river on a speed boat had plenty of time to see the rail way then on to the camps to see the condisions that the prisoners were kept we traveled back by train we were presented with a certificate saying we had traveled on death rail way

any more questions please ask
Hi Bluwes, my wife and I did this as a private tour two years ago. I just mailed a company called Circle of Asia and booked the trip privately not expensive. When you meet the tour guide ask him if he can arange a boat trip to a floating market on the way. We did spent an hour of two on a boat and looking around the market, better than sitting in the minibus!! he then took us to the museum where you can see a mock setup of where the prisoners stayed, followed by the boat up the Kwai to the Bridge, followed by a trip on the train down the railway it's self. We didn't want to visit the cemetary so we went back to Bangkok and he arranged another boat trip around Bangkok waterways! totally recommend them, the do the temple tour, the Royal Palace tour, crocodile farm etc. We did two days with them and did all these trip for around £65 per couple there were four of us in a private Mercedes air conditioned minibus with an English speaking guide and a driver. Hope this helps.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.