Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
we did it in a day- it was brilliant. :D In fact we are thinking of going again we go in December
we did it,in a day also.would definately recommend,the trip.the stop off,at the war cemetary,is really sombre,really makes you,stop & think!!
enjoy
tracy
I have to say I shed a few tears there - it is a beautifully kept cemetary.
I did it and combined it with a visit to the Tiger Temple at Kachanaburi on the same day. Both were great experiences.
we are just back from Thailand and we also did both the tiger temple and river kwai in one day, you would have plenty of time
brill thanks everyone.

Is it an early start/ long day?

I will be doing it anyway but I like to be prepared!!!
I set out at about 8.30 with driver. Best to get to the Tiger Temple as soon as it opens (11.30??) then spend a good hour or so there and on to River Kwai for lunch on one of the floating restaurants...... back in BKK for 5.30ish depending on the traffic..... definitely allow a whole day and do expect to be sitting in a car for a good part of it. If you join a coach party the you can expect to be a lot longer I should imagine.
we did this trip but also covered the floating markets. left hotel 6.30 and returned at 6.30 but well worth the long day to fit in the markets, tiger temple and river kwai. we did this with a tour guide/driver and had a brilliant day, also stopping off at a beautiful local temple on the way!

bangkok is so far to travel, my philosophy is to cram as much as possible into the city break then have a real good chill at the beach at the other bit of your holiday. there's plenty of time to sleep then!

have a great time
caroline
One of my highlights in Thailand is staying on a riverboat on the River Kwai - a fab time, and easy to take a dip when you fancy it, so if you have the time, extend your stay.

Kanchanaburi - first time I saw deep fried cockroaches - the night market is interesting to say the least :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.