Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
don't worry about whether or not the airlines start off at Manchester or Birmingham. Just go to the likes of Expedia or Opodo or travelocity and type in the ariport you want to start off in and then Bangkok. You will find a range or airlines.( infact go to all three of all those and then try the airline websites! You can't go wrong spending your time on research!)
Have you decided your probable dates yet?
I was thinking of March 2007 or November 2007, is our summer their rainy season
no- you can go to Koh Samui in the summer months. Bangkok can be a bit wet at times but then you are not really there to sunbathe!
This is the worst we have had( and note it is undercover!). This was outside the market. It was all over in a couple of hours and by mid afternoon you wouldn't have known it had been raining![/url]
As far as I am aware there are no direct schedule flights to BKK.I think even with Singapore you have to go to Heathrow first.Phuket air used to fly manchester to phuket but were stopped due to the tendency of their aircraft to catch fire.

Most flights from manchester use a middle east hub such as Dubai Abu Dhabi etc.

We have used Emirates for years and generally find them to be good.Dubai has a good duty free.

Good Luck
I went from Gatwick to BKK via Abu Dhabi with Etihad last month. FANTASTIC is all I can say. They also go from MAN and LHR. Very comptetitive on price with Emirates etc. Superb service and excellent IFE. I went Pearl Class which features a full flat bed seat but the Coral Class is also very comfortable. Planes are new 777 and A340s. You get a short stop in Abu Dhabi both ways whch is good for a walk break. Great reviews as well on airline quality sites
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.