Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
November would be a big risk weather wise for Koh Samui. Personally I would not go then but I'm sure others would disagree. Re independent- it is quite possible but more restricting if you want the Dubai stopover. Emirates would obviously be the best choice for this as you can book through to BKK with a stopover. Flights from BKK to KS are easy to organise. If you do go ahead- I would suggest Dubai/ KS and then BKK.
I also can only go in October but not sure if Koh Samui or Phuket is best place for these dates, 12th -26th. Which would you pick on these dates?

Frenchman
If £2500 is the price for both of you...its does not seem too bad ...not knowing where you are planning to stay in Dubai and Bangkok. I did a quick DIY exercise and just the flights and Koh Samui element were turning out at approx £2000...thats before factoring in Bangkok and Dubai and transfers.

As for Phuket or Samui either place is liable to get quite a bit of rain in October, although Phuket last year did not seem to do to bad in the latter half of October.
probably Phuket. I do know folks who have been then and had great weather- but you would have to be prepared for some rain as well. And of course if you are thinking of combining it with Bangkok- that would be great whatever time of the year :D
Thanks for both the replies, I am going to stay in Bangkok for two nights maybe at the Bel Air Princess, then If Phuket is the better choice the Karon Beach resort in Phuket looks nice.

Frenchman
hd and Frenchman
I should have said welcome to HT :D
The hotel in Dubai was the Rydges Plaza and The Imperial Queens Park Hotel in Bangkok. Both 4* as far as I am aware.

The hotel in Koh Samui was the Anantara. I am a little concerned about the weather as it is a lot of money to spend.

Anywhere else you could suggest as an alternative in October/November?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.